Why We Will Not Release 2018 UTME Results Immediately – JAMB
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has revealed that it will not release the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results immediately, like it did last year.
According to the registrar of the board, Ishaq Oloyede, the reason for the delay in releasing the results is to review the activities of the candidates and to minimise the number of cancellations.
He stated this during a press conference titled “Conduct of the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination” in Abuja on Wednesday.
“We want to monitor everything that happens through our CCTV cameras. Last year, we proved a point that there is nothing extraordinary in the immediate release of results but we had to cancel some results when we found out what happened in some centres. So, if we have to take two or three days to look at the conduct of the candidates before releasing the result so as to minimise cancellation, then we will do so”, he said.
The examination which began on Friday, March 9 is scheduled to end on March 17.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics - 42 mins ago
- JAMB 2018 UTME: What This Year’s Official JAMB Cut Off Mark Might Be - 18 hours ago
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Mass Communication – UTME and Departmental Cut Off - 18 hours ago
- More 2018 JAMB Results Have Been Released – See How to Check Your Results - 24 hours ago
- UNILORIN Admission Into 2018 Sandwich Programmes For Contact Session Announced - 24 hours ago
- UNILORIN First Harmattan Semester Continuous Assessment Time-table For 100 and 200 Level - 24 hours ago
- ABU Orientation Schedule For Fresh Students – 2017/2018 Academic Session - 1 day ago