UTME 2018: See Some Important Characters From the UTME Book “In Dependence”
It’s no longer news that candidates who will be siting for the UTME are going to be tested from book “In Dependence” irrespective of your course of study or institution. All candidates will be tested from the book.
Concerning the book “In Dependence”, we have compiled a list of important characters in the book. JAMB may equally ask questions based on this. So do well, to get your self familiar with these characters
SOME IMPORTANT CHARACTERS OF THE BOOK “IN DEPENDENCE”
1. Omotayo Oluwakayode Ajayi also known as TY.
2. Inspector Adeniyi Ajayi : Tayo’s father who was once a court servant and an interpreter in the native administration before joining the police.
3. Mr Jonathan Richardson: Father of Venessa.
4. Mrs Elizabeth Richardson: Mother of Venessa.
5. Mr Edward Maximilian Barker: The one who welcomed Omotayo prior to the letter given to Tayo by Mr Faircliff.
6. Headmaster Faircliff: Tayo’s Headmaster.
7. Mr Clark: Tayo’s Mathematics Teacher.
8. Mr Blackburn: British empire history teacher.
9. Bisi and Remi: Siblings of Tayo.
10. Modupe: Tayo’s Lover before going to Oxford at age 19.
11. Uncle Bolu also known as Uncle B: Tayo’s uncle who loved drinking and women. And women also loved him in return.
12. Uncle Oluwakayode Ogundipe: A Big Man in Lagos, who lived in a luxurious, a senior army officer before leaving for France to study Engineering. He was able to meet Venessa.
13. Helen: Uncle Kayode’s wife.
14. Aunty Bayo: Former girl friend of Uncle Kayode.
15. Mr Lekan Olajide from Ogbomoso on a voyage.
16. Mr Ibrahim Mohammed from Kaduna on a voyage
17. Mrs Isabella Barker: An attractive young Italian woman who preferred to be called “Isabella”.
18. Mr Ike Nwade: A student of History.
19. Mr Bolaji Ladipupo: A Law student.
20. Miss Christine Arinze: A student of Modern language who later became Tayo’s girlfriend but had a misunderstanding with Tayo because he didn’t want a longtime relationship. She later on had Ike has her boyfriend. She died of drug overdose (Suicide).
21. Christopher Okigbo: A poet and Omotayo’s teacher.
22. Venessa Richardson”aka Moremi by Tayo to show her fighting spirit”: Tayo’s white Lady lover.
23. Gita from Kenya: An English student.
24. Pat: A Physicist.
25. Jane: A Friend to Venessa a physicist also (whites).
26. Charlie and Mehul: (whites)
27. Simon: The president of west African Student.
28. Francis: From Ghana who was with the idea that independence came far too early for africans
29. Maynes Keynes: Venessa’s grandpa was in the colonial service Juma and Saratu? Are they cats?
30. Lord Lugard: was once the governor of Hong kong before coming to Nigeria and he also became our governor in the year 1914
31. Nancy Murdoch and Mr Murdoch.
32. Uncle Tony: who had s*x with Jane.
33. Madam Pagnole.
34. Chinua Achebe: things fall apart and No longer at Ease.
35. Nkrumah: The first president of Ghana and Senghor of Senegal Kenyatt.
36. Tunde: the cousin of Tayo who works in the bakery.
37. Yusuf Abubakar: who works in the hospital. HE believed white women were only meant for friendship but not for marriage with his genuine reasons.
38. Joyce: Yusuf’s white girlfriend who said he hasn’t heard Yusuf speak Nigerian before and then Yusuf replied her: you daft one, no one speaks Nigerian.
39. Mr and Mrs winter: across the road at Bradley
40. Joy Williams: The black WOMAN Yusuf got married to.
41. Anais Nin: The first British erotic writer.
42. Nigerian coup d’etat and Biafran war.
43. Salamatou: an hairstylist in Dakar, Senegal who died in a motor accident
44. Jean Luc: A French who had promised to marry Salamatou but ran away after he got to know she was pregnant.
45. Miriam: A nurse, whom treated Tayo’s father and got pregnant for Tayo. Got married to Tayo and gave birth to Kemi.
46. Kemi: Daughter of Tayo and Miriam
47. President Shagari.
48. Mr Akin: A carver.
49. Wole Soyinka: Okri the Booker.
50. Aureol: SHIPPING COMPANY.
51. Dogun Dutse Mobile station.
52. Samir: From Bradford.
53. Suleiman: Salamatou’s son hence Venessa’s adopted son. A Muslim he became and a drop out from Cambridge.
54. Abdou: The driver who was taken Tayo to the airport before an accident occur.
55. Laurent: Kemi’s boyfriend.
56. Danjuma: The gardener.
57. Professor John Harris: He is the man whom Kemi introduced to his father from the University.
All the best.
See more updates from:
- More 2018 JAMB Results Have Been Released – See How to Check Your Results - 1 hour ago
- UNILORIN Admission Into 2018 Sandwich Programmes For Contact Session Announced - 1 hour ago
- UNILORIN First Harmattan Semester Continuous Assessment Time-table For 100 and 200 Level - 1 hour ago
- ABU Orientation Schedule For Fresh Students – 2017/2018 Academic Session - 1 hour ago
- Ajayi Crowther University Notice to Students on Easter Break and Mid-Semester Exams - 2 hours ago
- 1,652,825 Candidates Sat For JAMB 2018 – See Results Statistics for 2018 UTME - 2 hours ago
- Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) 6th Regular Course Admission Application Has Started - 2 hours ago