This part of the JAMB brochure shows you the requirements to apply for Mechanical Engineering Technology under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in Nigerian polytechnics and monotechnics. You will see the UTME subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.
List of Polytechnics / Monotechnics that Offer Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital
- Air Force Institute Of Technology
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
- Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital 1
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly
- Delta State College Of Agriculture
- Delta State Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana
- Imo State Polytechnic
- Institute Of Management Technology, Enugu
- Institute Of Public Health
- Jigawa State Institute Of Information Technology
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Niger State Polytechnic
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
- Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex
- Ogun State Institute Of Technology
- Osun State College Of Technology
- Plateau State Polytechnic
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Rivers State Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Waziri Umaru Fed. Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi
- Yaba College Of Technology
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Mechanical Engineering Technology under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in the institutions listed above are:
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Mechanical Engineering Technology as a UTME candidate, you require: English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and any one subject from:Biology/Agricultural Science
Technical Drawing,Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity,
Auto Mechanics,Metal Work,Woodwork(for Civil Engineering Tech.),Further Mathematics English Language,Geography,Economics/Commerce.For Marine Engineering and Industrial Safety and Environmental
Engineering a pass in Biology is required
Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
To apply for Mechanical Engineering Technology as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: (i)IMTEENUGU offers it as Mechanical Engineering.
(ii)AUCHIPOL : and ODSPOLY require credit pass
(iii)IMTE ENNGU :in addition to the stated requirements will accept one of Further Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, English or National Technical Cert. with
credits in Mathematics, Int. Science, Physical Science, English Language and Mechanical trade area.
(iv)ADOEKITIPOLY: accepts Pre – ND with relevant
(v)RIVPOLY :requires credit in English Language.
(vi)YABATECH : requires Mathematics and Physics
as UTME subjects.
(vii)OFFAPOLY: requires Physics as UTME subject
and at least a pass in Chemistry.
(viii)IBDANPOLY :Same as in Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology.
(ix)KADNAPOLY :requires Mathematics and any two
from Chemistry, Physics, Technical Drawing
(x)KWAPOLY : does not accept Chemistry as one
of the UTME Subjects but accepts Credit Passes in Statistics and Wood Work as requirements for Mechanical Engineering Technology.
(xi)RUGIPO accepts a pass in English Language.
(xii)NEKEDEPOLY: Same as in Civil Engineering.
(xiii)FEDPO – ILA requires credit pass in any one of
Technical drawing, Additional Mathematics, and Biology as course requirement.
(xiv)AKANUPOLY: requires two other credit passes
from Biology/Agricultural Science, Technical
Drawing/Auto Mechanics and Metal Work.
(xv)BAUCHIPOLY: requires mathematics, Physics
and any two from Chemistry, Metal work, and Technical Drawing as UTME subjects.
(xvi)IMOPOLY ; requires Mathematics and Physics as UTME subjects. Credit passes are required in all Five (5) relevant subjects.
(xvii)MAPOLY accepts a pass in English Language.
Credit: JAMB Interactive Brochure and Syllabus System