UNSW 2016 International Research Candidate Scholarships
About the Host(s):
At UNSW, they take pride in the broad range and high quality of their teaching programs. Their teaching gains strength and currency from their research activities, strong industry links and their international nature; UNSW has a strong regional and global engagement.
In developing new ideas and promoting lasting knowledge UNSW is creating an academic environment where outstanding students and scholars from around the world can be inspired to excel in their programs of study and research. Partnerships with both local and global communities allow UNSW to share knowledge, debate and research outcomes. UNSW’s public events include concert performances, open days and public forums on issues such as the environment, healthcare and global politics.
About the UNSW 2016 International Research Candidate Scholarships:
You are invited to apply for the UNSW 2016 International Research Candidate Scholarships in Australia for International Students. The University of South Wales (UNSW) offers the following scholarships to international research candidates of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research:
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS): Scholarships available for PhD and Masters by Research in all disciplines.
University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA): Scholarships available for PhD and Masters by Research in all disciplines.
Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Research Stipend: Scholarships available for PhD, Masters by Research and for Masters of Philosophy (in selected disciplines depending on Faculty research areas).
Criteria for Eligibility:
Scholarships are only available to applicants who hold a 4 year bachelor’s degree with Honours class 1 from an Australian institution or an equivalent research qualification/experience. This qualification must be in a field relevant to your area of research. Candidates who do not hold a Bachelor degree with Honours 1 may be considered to have equivalent qualifications if they have demonstrated research performance, relevant professional or direct research experience.
- Be an international student and meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health.
- You cannot defer a scholarship. If you wish to commence a research degree in the following Semester you must re-apply through the next scholarship round. Important note: Visa applications and processing times can vary. Students should allow adequate time for processing of student visa applications.
- Be enrolled/enrolling in a full-time higher research degree at UNSW for the appropriate semester. Eligible degrees are Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Masters by Research or Master of Philosophy (MPhil).
- Be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration.
Awards are made on the basis of academic merit, research experience and/or research potential. Results would be released from 22 October 2015.
Fields of Study:
These international scholarships are awarded for 3 years for a PhD, 2 years for a Masters by Research. Students will be considered for all of these scholarships as appropriate. If you are applying in the discipline areas of Engineering, Business, Science or Humanities/Arts and Social Sciences and would like to be considered for a scholarship place at both the Kensington Campus (Sydney) and UNSW Canberra campus please indicate this on the scholarship application form.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
• International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS): Payment of Tuition Fees and an annual stipend of $25,849 (in addition some Faculties may provide a supplementary scholarship for the top ranked applicants) provided for 3 years with the possibility of a six month extension provided satisfactory progress is maintained in your candidature for a PhD and 2 years for a Masters by Research.
• University International Postgraduate Award will cover payment of tuition fees and an annual stipend of $25,849 (in addition some Faculties may provide a supplementary scholarship for the top ranked applicants) provided for 3 years with the possibility of a six month extension provided satisfactory progress is maintained in your candidature for a PhD and 2 years for a Masters by Research.
• Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Faculty Research Stipend: Cost of Tuition Fees and an annual Stipend of minimum value $25,849* funded by a Faculty Research Scholarship to work in specific areas of research defined by the Faculty (in addition some Faculties may provide a supplementary scholarship for the top ranked applicants) provided for 3 years with the possibility of a six month extension provided satisfactory progress is maintained in your candidature for a PhD, 2 years for a Masters by Research.
To apply for the above scholarships:
- You must apply for admission at least one day before you can apply for a scholarship. (You only need to have submitted an admission application, not received an offer of admission, in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship round).
- Apply for the Scholarship: Go to your unique URL and complete the Scholarship Application. Once you have submitted your scholarship application online successfully, you will receive an automatic email confirmation.
- Only one set of documentation is required to be sent to the GRS for both admission and scholarship. Submit all supporting documentation as per the guidelines. Certified documents can be brought with you when you arrive to enroll. Electronic copies must be sent by the closing date to be considered for the scholarship round (with the exception of proof of English and supervisor contact).
- Send Scholarship Academic referee report forms to two referees, with Section A completed. Your referee will receive notification when university receives the form, so please contact them directly for confirmation they have been received. Reports need to be submitted by the closing date to be considered.
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application is 24 August 2015 for Semester 1, 2016.
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information, visit –
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 2 days ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 2 days ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 2 days ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 2 days ago