UNN Students Asked to Vacate Campus in 24 Hours
Information has reached one of our correspondents that a deadline of 24 hours has been given by the school management and authorities of UNN (the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka) to the students of the institution to vacate the school campus.
This announcement was first given on the school’s official radio station, Lion FM and the announcement has been made several times to indicate it’s urgency.
Mandatory Two Weeks Break in UNN (Report)
As a result of the present economic crisis in the country associated with the power outage and fuel scarcity, the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has not been an exception from the various institutions in the country that have been adversely affected by the situation.
The University of Ibadan (UI) was shut down last month for similar reasons particularly as regards the fuel scarcity which is supposed to have subsided by now.
A report received from our correspondent who spoke with a senate representative of the Students Union Government (SUG) of UNN tells us that the Vice Chancellor has released this memorandum which is to effected immediately due to diminishing funds necessary to run the school.
According to the report, the costs of running the school power-wise (expenses on diesel for powering the school generators and pumping water around the campus) has surpassed incoming funds and therefore the school has to be shut down indefinitely.
The situation in the Enugu Campus of the institution (UNEC) has been unfavourable as students have been rioting and protesting over lack of power and water.
For these reasons, the school management in order to handle the situation and allow some time for the situation to generally get better in the country as a whole, has ordered that for the next two weeks, no academic activities should take place in the school.
The Nigerian Scholars team urges all students of the Univesity of Nigeria (UNN) to remain calm and please comply because according to the radio announcement, anyone who doesn’t will be doing so at his or her own risk.
It is our hope and strong belief that things will get better in the country.
See more updates from:
- JAMB 2018 UTME: What This Year’s Official JAMB Cut Off Mark Might Be - 10 hours ago
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Mass Communication – UTME and Departmental Cut Off - 10 hours ago
- More 2018 JAMB Results Have Been Released – See How to Check Your Results - 16 hours ago
- UNILORIN Admission Into 2018 Sandwich Programmes For Contact Session Announced - 16 hours ago
- UNILORIN First Harmattan Semester Continuous Assessment Time-table For 100 and 200 Level - 16 hours ago
- ABU Orientation Schedule For Fresh Students – 2017/2018 Academic Session - 16 hours ago
- Ajayi Crowther University Notice to Students on Easter Break and Mid-Semester Exams - 16 hours ago