UNN 2014/2015 Joint University Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Programme – Apply Now
The University of Nigeria (UNN), commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has four campuses – Nsukka, Enugu and Ituku-Ozalla – located in Enugu State and one in Aba, Abia State, Nigeria.
The University of Nigeria has a popular motto which is to restore the dignity of man. In another attempt to promote their motto, the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Joint University Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) programme for the 2014/2015 session.
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos (UNILAG). Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) and recognized by many universities in Northern Nigeria.
JUPEB is, as at now, recognized by Federal universities in Southern Nigeria such as University of Lagos (Unilag), University of Nigeria, Nsukka, University of Ibadan (UI), Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), and University of Calabar (UNICAL).
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board’s Examination is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB’s Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
1. Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
2. Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
3. Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course.
4. The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
5. The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D, E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper.
For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
Mode of Study:
Face to face contact at the University of Nigeria Nsukka and Enugu Campuses. Lectures will commence as from 3.00pm, Monday to Friday every week.
Applicants for admission into JUPEB Programme must possess minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University. Eligible candidates are selected for admission through an entrance examination.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates are to pay an application fee of N15,000.00 (Bank charges apply) through e-Tranzact or web pay platforms at any branch of Zenith, First, Fidelity, UBA and Diamond Banks.
A receipt which contains a receipt number and confirmation Order Number will be given to you at the bank.
Visit www.unn.edu.ng and click on “2014/2015 Preliminary Application” and read instructions carefully.
Click on “Apply Now” to create your account and fill the application form. Make sure to upload a recent coloured passport photograph with WHITE background and not more than 100KB.
The entrance examination will hold at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Campus on a date yet to be scheduled.
Submission of online form will close on Friday, 16th January, 2015.
Information Sources – CampusPortalNg.com and UNN.edu.ng
See more updates from:
- UNIMAID NYSC Pre-Mobilization List for 2018 Batch A - 20 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Admission List Released for 2017/2018 (Batch B Added) - 20 hours ago
- FUTO Notice to 2017/2018 New Redistributed SMAT Students - 21 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Screening CBT Schedule (Supplementary III) for 2017/2018 - 21 hours ago
- UNIPORT Notice to 2017/2018 Newly Admitted Students on Orientation and Matriculation - 21 hours ago
- FUAM Sandwich Admission Details For 2017/2018 Contact Session - 2 days ago
- IAUE NYSC Mobilization List for Batch A, 2018 Senate Approved - 2 days ago