University of Lagos (UNILAG) Recent News Updates
University of Lagos (UNILAG) Set To Award Degree Certificates To Over 10,000
The management and authorities of the University of Lagos are set to give out various degree certificates to about 10,600 students during the 2013/2014 academic session Convocation ceremonies that will hold from 28th to 30th April, 2015. This was disclosed at the pre-convocation press briefing by the Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Rahamon Bello, who also added that 125 of the graduating students bagged First Class degrees.
The VC further added that another 1,664 students bagged Second Class Upper Division while 2,827 were in the Second Class Lower Division.
Bello said that 963 others would be graduating in the Third Class Division; 90 with Pass degrees while 167 others would be under the unclassified degrees in Medicine and Pharmacy.
He added that the institution would also be graduating 103 Doctors of Philosophy (Ph.Ds.), 4,330 with Masters’ degrees and 331 with Postgraduate Diplomas from its School of Postgraduate Studies.
The VC announced that Mr Korede Akinpelu of the Department of Chemical Engineering emerged the best graduating student of the university with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.96 while Mr Sedan Shittu of the Department of Finance is the second best graduating student with a CGPA of 4.91.
He also said that honorary degrees would be conferred on emeritus professors of the university, including some eminent Nigerians, for their outstanding contributions to education and quality of life in Nigeria.
Some of the awardees include retired Lt.-Gen. Theophilus Danjuma, Mr Gamaliel Onosode and Pastor Enoch Adeboye.
University of Lagos (UNILAG) PG School Admits Over 5000 For 2014/2015
The University Of Lagos Postgraduate School has admitted about 5,390 students for the 2014/2015 academic session. This was disclosed by the VC at the orientation ceremony of the school.
Delivering the welcome address at the orientation ceremony for the fresh PG students, the UNILAG Vice Chancellor, Prof Rahamon Bello, said that 451 of the students were admitted for postgraduate diploma, 2,848 for masters, 2,014 for professional masters and 77 for doctoral degree.
The Chief Executive Officer of Heritage Bank, Mr Ifie Sekibo, who spoke at the event urged the PG students to embrace job creation, rather than be job seekers, as a way out of unemployment.
He also gave the students business tips to improve on their marketability.
See more updates from:
- JAMB 2018 UTME: What This Year’s Official JAMB Cut Off Mark Might Be - 4 hours ago
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Mass Communication – UTME and Departmental Cut Off - 4 hours ago
- More 2018 JAMB Results Have Been Released – See How to Check Your Results - 10 hours ago
- UNILORIN Admission Into 2018 Sandwich Programmes For Contact Session Announced - 10 hours ago
- UNILORIN First Harmattan Semester Continuous Assessment Time-table For 100 and 200 Level - 10 hours ago
- ABU Orientation Schedule For Fresh Students – 2017/2018 Academic Session - 11 hours ago
- Ajayi Crowther University Notice to Students on Easter Break and Mid-Semester Exams - 11 hours ago