University of Ibadan (UI) Graduates 7786 Students, 222 First Class
University of Ibadan (UI) students have proven dedication and commitment to the University’s vision and mission statement by performing excellently as 7786 of the 2013/2014 set graduate with 222 bagging a first class. Check out UI’s outstanding vision and mission statements:
University of Ibadan Vision and Mission Statements
To be a world-class institution for academic excellence geared towards meeting societal needs.
- To expand the frontiers of knowledge through provision of excellent conditions for learning and research.
- To produce graduates who are worthy in character and sound judgement.
- To contribute to the transformation of society through creativity and innovation.
- To serve as a dynamic custodian of society’s salutary values and thus sustain its integrity.
The 2014 convocation ceremony of the University of Ibadan (UI) which took place on Monday, November 17, saw a total of 7,786 graduating students receive their first degree certificates.
In his address at the event, the Vice Chancellor, Professor Isaac Adewole, explained that the 2013 convocation ceremony could not hold due to the strike action by the members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). He said that this year’s convocation was for the graduates of the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic sessions.
The VC, who gave a breakdown of the results, said that a total of 222 graduands bagged First Class degrees as another 1,885 got Second Class Honours (Upper Division). A further 4,147 graduating students made Second Class Honours (Lower Division) while 786 and 223 made Third Class Honours and Pass respectively.
The university awarded a total of 5, 959 graduands higher certificates from 13 Faculties and Centres. The figure comprised 46 M.Phil, 123 Masters in Public Health; 4, 467 Academic Master’s; 1, 313 Professional Master’s and 153 Postgraduate Diplomas.
Also, 329 graduands from the College of Medicine and 237 graduands from the Faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy participated in the convocation with 614 Doctor of Philosophy graudates, which includes one Doctor of Medicine degrees, spread over 12 Faculties, two Institutes and one Centre.
In his welcome address, the Pro Chancellor and Chairman of Council, General Adeyinka Adebayo, CFR, (rtd) remarked that “UI is unarguably the largest producer of postgraduates in Nigeria”. He urged the graduands to be good ambassadors of the University and not indulge in any act that would tarnish the image of their alma-mater.
MyNaijaDream says a big congratulations to all UI graduands. May the sky not be your limit but your starting point.
See more updates from:
- UNIMAID NYSC Pre-Mobilization List for 2018 Batch A - 20 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Admission List Released for 2017/2018 (Batch B Added) - 20 hours ago
- FUTO Notice to 2017/2018 New Redistributed SMAT Students - 21 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Screening CBT Schedule (Supplementary III) for 2017/2018 - 21 hours ago
- UNIPORT Notice to 2017/2018 Newly Admitted Students on Orientation and Matriculation - 21 hours ago
- FUAM Sandwich Admission Details For 2017/2018 Contact Session - 2 days ago
- IAUE NYSC Mobilization List for Batch A, 2018 Senate Approved - 2 days ago