UNIJOS Registration Exercise for Fresh Students for the 2014/2015 Academic Session
The University of Jos was established with the vision of being an innovative institution with great interaction between ‘town and gown’. Today, the university still carries a high responsibility of fashioning tastes and attitudes of the future. We are committed to providing education that is globally competitive and relevant to the needs of today’s employer and the developing challenges of Nigeria and beyond.
Registration Exercise for Fresh Studentts for the 2014/2015 Academic Session
The registration exercise for fresh undergraduate students (Full and Part time) for the 2014/2015 Academic Session in the University of Jos, shall commence on Monday, 12th January, 2015 at the designated Registration Centres, Bauchi Road Campus. Fresh students, Screening Committees, Central Registration Officers, Faculty Officers, Departmental Registration Officers, e.t.c. are please expected to take note of the following registration procedures for a hitch-free and successful registration exercise:
(a) Payment of Acceptance Fees
All fresh undergraduate students are expected to pay acceptance fee on-line and bring the receipt to the registration centre. Visit http://mis.unijos.edu.ng/fees/acceptance for the payment.Only qualified candidates should pay acceptance fee. (Please check your JAMB Brochure).
(b) Bio-data Form
All fresh undergraduate students are required to fill their Bio-data form on-line (http://mis.unijos.edu.ng/registration) and print five copies.
(c) Faculty Screening Committee Clearance
Fresh students are required to present themselves before their respective Faculty Screening Committees for clearance after verifying their WAEC/NECO/NABTEB results at the ICT Directorate, Bauchi Road Campus.
Proceed to the appropriate Faculty Registration Centre as follows:
1. Multi-purpose Auditorium -for fresh students of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Faculty of Management Sciences.
2. Faculty of Medical Sciences Board Room -for fresh students of the Faculty of Medical Sciences.
3. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences Board Room -for fresh students of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
4. Faculty of Law Boardroom -for fresh students of the Faculty of Law.
5. University Auditorium, Faculty of Law -for fresh students of the Faculty of Education
6. Faculty of Natural Sciences Board Room -for fresh students of the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
7. Hall A1, Faculty of Natural Sciences -for fresh students of the Faculty of Arts.
8. Faculty of Agriculture Board Room -for fresh students of the Faculty of Agriculture.
9. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Board Room -for fresh students of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
10. Department of Civil Engineering Lecture Hall – for fresh students of the Faculty of Engineering.
11. Department of Mechanical Engineering Lecture Hall – for fresh students of the Faculty of Environmental Sciences.
(d) Senate Affairs and Admissions Division Clearance (Central Registration) Fresh students should meet the Central Registration Officers of their respective Faculties at the Registration Centre with the following:
Evidence of payment of acceptance fee; Screening Committee Clearance Slip; credentials claimed, i.e. ‘O’ level/ ‘A’ level examination results (originals and photocopies); five (5) copies of completed Students’ Biodata Forms; JAMB Result Slip; Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of Age; Indigene Certificate or an affidavit from the Federal High Court; WAEC/NECO/NABTEB scratch cards for results checking; and Affidavit to be of good conduct and non-membership of secret cult.
Thereafter, obtain clearance (if successfully screened) and proceed for Faculty Registration (in the same venue).
(e) Faculty Clearance/Registration:
After the clearance by the Central Registration Officers (Senate Affairs and Admissions Division), fresh students should proceed to their Faculty Officers at the Registration Centre (for Faculty Clearance/Registration) with the following documents:
i. Faculty Screening Committee Clearance slip duly signed by the Chairman and Secretary of the Committee.
ii. Clearance from the Central Registration Officers.
iii. Documents listed in (d) above.
(f) Payment of School charges using master card, verve.
After clearance by the respective Faculty Officers, fresh students should then proceed for on-line payment of appropriate charges by visiting http://mis.unijos.edu.ng/fees. Pay your charges on the website on-line and print the receipt for further documentation.
(g) Departmental Documentation and On-line Registration of Courses:
Proceed for on-line departmental registration of courses at any of the University’s computer labs. Visit http://mis.unijos.edu.ng/students. Thereafter, print five (5) copies of acknowledgement of registration of courses and sign as indicated on the form.
Submit signed copies at the Registration Venue to:-
i. Level Coordinators/Departmental Registration Officers
ii. The Faculty Officers of your respective Faculties
iii. Senate Affairs and Admissions Division
iv. Examinations and Records Division
v. Keep a personnel copy
(h) Hostel accommodation
Hostel accommodation shall be allocated on-line to all entitled/registered (fresh and returning) students who have paid accommodation fees on first come first served bases. All applications are on- line on the University of Jos website: www.unijos.edu.ng.
(i) Registration in the Library:
Library registration is on-line on University of Jos website. Print five (5) copies of the library registration form and bring to the library at Bauchi Road Campus for documentation.
(j) Registration at the University Health Services Centre
Access the University’s Health Services Registration Form on-line. Note that only Chest X-Ray and Laboratory results from Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Specialist Hospitals are accepted.
(k) Orientation and Matriculation:
Orientation and Matriculation Ceremony will be announced in due course.
(l) Students Identification Cards
Identity Cards will be collected prior to commencement of lectures at the ICT Directorate (MIS Office in the Administrative Block, Bauchi Road Campus) after completion of medical examination at the University Health Services Centre.
(m) Commencement of Lectures:
Await further announcement (through SMS, etc.) relating to the date for the commencement of lectures
The registration exercise will close on Monday, January 26, 2015.
This supersedes the earlier Circular dated November 12, 2014, please.
Mr. Amos I. Mallo
Deputy Registrar (Senate Affairs & Admissions)
University of Jos
NB: There will be no change of course.
See more updates from:
- UNIMAID NYSC Pre-Mobilization List for 2018 Batch A - 18 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Admission List Released for 2017/2018 (Batch B Added) - 18 hours ago
- FUTO Notice to 2017/2018 New Redistributed SMAT Students - 19 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Screening CBT Schedule (Supplementary III) for 2017/2018 - 19 hours ago
- UNIPORT Notice to 2017/2018 Newly Admitted Students on Orientation and Matriculation - 19 hours ago
- FUAM Sandwich Admission Details For 2017/2018 Contact Session - 2 days ago
- IAUE NYSC Mobilization List for Batch A, 2018 Senate Approved - 2 days ago