UNICAL 2014/2015 Postgraduate Aptitude Test Result – See Details
The authorities of University of Calabar (UNICAL) have published the postgraduate aptitude test result for the 2014/2015 academic session admission screening exercise. Candidates can now check their Graduate Programme Aptitude Test Result online. UNICAL Logo Check Your 2014/2015 UNICAL PG Aptitude Test Result: Follow the steps below to check the UNICAL Postgraduate screening test result: 1) Visit ... Continue Reading
Check Your 2014/2015 UNICAL PG Aptitude Test Result:
What You May Want to Know About UNICAL
Vision of the University
Mission of the University
- a conducive learning environment;
- high quality learning that is accessible and affordable;
- an attractive reward system for excellence in teaching, research, service to the community in the areas of Agriculture, Science, Medicine, Law, Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities
- creativity and innovativeness;
- the spirit of co-operation and team work while recognizing individual talent and achievement.
Philosophy of the University
- create a citizenry imbued with a high sense of duty and responsibility to the Nigerian Nation with character development receiving as much attention as academics.
- establish a conducive campus atmosphere for the cultivation of healthy social interactions among groups from all parts of Nigeria and elsewhere.
- make conscious use of local materials for instructional purposes in an effort to make her programme relevant to the needs of Nigeria.
Aims and Objectives
- encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a higher and liberal education.
- provide courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches, and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them.
- develop new science and technology related areas such as Forestry, Engineering and Marine Science as well as Dentistry.
- encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all fields of learning and human endeavour.
- relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria.
- encourage and promote greater access of women to all Faculties in the University.
- mount and promote extension and consultancy services to embrace the immediate and farther communities around the University.
- revamp and develop post graduate work that would broaden the areas in which such graduate students can be of better service to the Nation.
- achieve and maintain staffing quotas in order to meet NUC Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) requirements and staff/student ratio guidelines.
- undertake cost-recovery and cost-saving measures as a means of reducing direct cost of Government spending on the University and increase internally generated revenue percentage.
- promote income-generating and fund-raising activities including endowment to supplement government funding.
- redirect efforts in Internal administration of the University to encourage deserving staff at all levels to benefit from morale boosting incentives such as Staff Development Schemes, Conference and Workshop participation, Sabbatical and other leaves.
- develop and improve campus facilities for sports, entertainment and other extra-curricular activities.
- enhance the general outlook of the campus by re-planning trading posts (kiosks) to achieve a cleaner environment, controlled traffic and classroom facilities.
- immediately decongest the Duke Town Campus.
- put in place an efficient, reliable Security System which, among other things, shall monitor and control the movement of hawkers, traffic, activities around public halls, lecture rooms and Administrative buildings and offices.
- undertake any other activities appropriate for a university of the highest standard.