UNICAL 2014/2015 Postgraduate Aptitude Test Result – See Details
The authorities of University of Calabar (UNICAL) have published the postgraduate aptitude test result for the 2014/2015 academic session admission screening exercise.
Candidates can now check their Graduate Programme Aptitude Test Result online.
Check Your 2014/2015 UNICAL PG Aptitude Test Result:
Follow the steps below to check the UNICAL Postgraduate screening test result:
1) Visit the UNICAL PG Result Checking Portal.
2) Enter your Form No or Teller No or Phone No in the space provided,
3) Then click the View Result button.
Good luck from MyNaijaDream
What You May Want to Know About UNICAL
Vision of the University
Attainment and maintenance of the highest form of excellence in teaching, research and service, thereby becoming a leading light in Nigeria, the Continent and the world of excellence linking up with the latest scholarly developments, academic achievement, and technological breakthrough.
Mission of the University
An achievable mission for the University of Calabar, given its environment and circumstances, is clearly the provision of:
- a conducive learning environment;
- high quality learning that is accessible and affordable;
- an attractive reward system for excellence in teaching, research, service to the community in the areas of Agriculture, Science, Medicine, Law, Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities
- creativity and innovativeness;
- the spirit of co-operation and team work while recognizing individual talent and achievement.
Philosophy of the University
The philosophy of the University of Calabar is to:
- create a citizenry imbued with a high sense of duty and responsibility to the Nigerian Nation with character development receiving as much attention as academics.
- establish a conducive campus atmosphere for the cultivation of healthy social interactions among groups from all parts of Nigeria and elsewhere.
- make conscious use of local materials for instructional purposes in an effort to make her programme relevant to the needs of Nigeria.
Aims and Objectives
In line with the overall philosophy of Nigerian Education, the University of Calabar, a second generation university, aims at providing specialised manpower needed for nation building, promotion of economic and social well-being of the nation, self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
Specifically, the objectives of the University as stated in University of Calabar Decree No.80 28th September, 1979 are to:
- encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a higher and liberal education.
- provide courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches, and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them.
- develop new science and technology related areas such as Forestry, Engineering and Marine Science as well as Dentistry.
- encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all fields of learning and human endeavour.
- relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria.
- encourage and promote greater access of women to all Faculties in the University.
- mount and promote extension and consultancy services to embrace the immediate and farther communities around the University.
- revamp and develop post graduate work that would broaden the areas in which such graduate students can be of better service to the Nation.
- achieve and maintain staffing quotas in order to meet NUC Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) requirements and staff/student ratio guidelines.
- undertake cost-recovery and cost-saving measures as a means of reducing direct cost of Government spending on the University and increase internally generated revenue percentage.
- promote income-generating and fund-raising activities including endowment to supplement government funding.
- redirect efforts in Internal administration of the University to encourage deserving staff at all levels to benefit from morale boosting incentives such as Staff Development Schemes, Conference and Workshop participation, Sabbatical and other leaves.
- develop and improve campus facilities for sports, entertainment and other extra-curricular activities.
- enhance the general outlook of the campus by re-planning trading posts (kiosks) to achieve a cleaner environment, controlled traffic and classroom facilities.
- immediately decongest the Duke Town Campus.
- put in place an efficient, reliable Security System which, among other things, shall monitor and control the movement of hawkers, traffic, activities around public halls, lecture rooms and Administrative buildings and offices.
- undertake any other activities appropriate for a university of the highest standard.
Subscribe for email newsletters to get updates sent directly to your email address.
See more updates from:
- JAMB 2018 UTME: What This Year’s Official JAMB Cut Off Mark Might Be - 4 hours ago
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Mass Communication – UTME and Departmental Cut Off - 5 hours ago
- More 2018 JAMB Results Have Been Released – See How to Check Your Results - 10 hours ago
- UNILORIN Admission Into 2018 Sandwich Programmes For Contact Session Announced - 10 hours ago
- UNILORIN First Harmattan Semester Continuous Assessment Time-table For 100 and 200 Level - 10 hours ago
- ABU Orientation Schedule For Fresh Students – 2017/2018 Academic Session - 11 hours ago
- Ajayi Crowther University Notice to Students on Easter Break and Mid-Semester Exams - 11 hours ago