UI ASUU Chapter Embarks On A Warning Strike Action
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, University of Ibadan chapter, has declared a one-week warning strike over illegal pension deductions, fractional salary payments, non-payment of supervision allowance and failure to declare the Internally Generated Revenue profile.
This followed a decision taken on Tuesday at a congress convened by the union and presided over by its chairman, Dr. Deji Omole.
According to Omole, the warning strike is, therefore, to compel the university administration to address the issues which ASUU said bordered on the welfare of its members who are being owed since 2010.
“The warning strike will commence from 12:01 midnight of Tuesday, 4th April, to 12:00 midnight of Tuesday, 11th April, 2017.
“The congress of the union maintains that the failure of the university administration to satisfactorily resolve all the issues will force the union to proceed on a comprehensive and total strike,” said Omole.
See more updates from:
- UNIMAID NYSC Pre-Mobilization List for 2018 Batch A - 1 day ago
- UNN Postgraduate Admission List Released for 2017/2018 (Batch B Added) - 1 day ago
- FUTO Notice to 2017/2018 New Redistributed SMAT Students - 1 day ago
- UNN Postgraduate Screening CBT Schedule (Supplementary III) for 2017/2018 - 1 day ago
- UNIPORT Notice to 2017/2018 Newly Admitted Students on Orientation and Matriculation - 1 day ago
- FUAM Sandwich Admission Details For 2017/2018 Contact Session - 2 days ago
- IAUE NYSC Mobilization List for Batch A, 2018 Senate Approved - 2 days ago