UCL IGH 2015-2016 African Graduate Scholarships
About the Host(s):
The Institute for Global Health is a world-leading centre of research and teaching excellence in global health.
Their vision is to collaborate across disciplines to find solutions to global health problems. They believe there is no single solution to the world’s health problems. A cross-disciplinary approach is at the heart of their research and teaching, and they draw on the expertise of over 200 staff from across UCL.
Their research: They undertake research in developing and transitional countries, to change lives around the world. They aim to produce world-class research which can be translated into workable solutions for policy makers.
Their teaching: They give students the tools they need for a real understanding of global health work. Staff with a unique breadth of experience unite traditional public health concerns with economics, law, philosophy, geography, anthropology and many other disciplines.
About the Graduate Scholarship/Brief Description:
You are invited to apply for the UCL IGH 2015-2016 African Graduate Scholarships in UK for African Postgraduate Students. UCL Institute for Global Health is offering African graduate scholarships to study MSc Global Health and Development programme at UCL.
The scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September. The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travelling to and from the UK.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travelling to and from the UK.
Fields of Study:
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
Students from Africa – Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso , Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon , Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for the scholarships.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques in regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses. If you advise potential sponsorship organisations of your scholarship application it may assist you in obtaining further funding from them.
Once candidates have been accepted in the IGH Postgraduate programme and obtained an unconditional offer letter, candidates are required to complete a scholarship application form. Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with the required documents to the IGH scholarship committee via post or email.
If submitting your application by email please complete the form on-line in its original format and email it back to the administrator together with the CV, letters, and certificates as one single document. Please do not submit individual scanned pages of the application form unless there is a particular page that requires a signature.
Scholarship is awarded to students with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance.
The committee aims to contact provisional successful candidates by email and post within 4 weeks of the deadline.
Deadline for Application:
The application deadline is 8th May 2015.
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information, visit the official scholarship website:
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.ucl.ac.uk/igh/teaching/fees-funding/scholarships
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 1 day ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 1 day ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 2 days ago