National Party of Nigeria (NPN)
This was the brain child of the defunct NPC in the 1st Republic. The NPN was officially reformed in August 1978 following the military intention to hand over power to a civilian government come October 1st , 1960.
AIMS/OBJECTIVES OF NPN
- To preserve Nigerian cultural heritage.
- To develop housing scheme for all.
- To eradicate illiteracy.
- To ensure sustenance of democracy and rule of law.
- To build and sustain a strong modern economy.
- To promote the unity and sovereignty of Nigeria.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF NPN
- Won the first presidential election in Nigeria.
- Provided a common forum for diverse ethnic groups to come together.
- Developed an enviable housing scheme.
- Won most seats in the House of Representatives and the Senate.