Great Nigerian People’s Party (GNPP)
It was formed by Alhaji Ibrahim Waziri. He left NPP to form GNPP because of quarrels over the presidential and chairmanship position. He was both the leader and presidential candidate.
GNPP was a minor party and succeeded in winning gubernatorial election in only two states (Borno and Gongola).
AIMS/OBJECTIVES OF GNPP
- To promote and sustain national unity.
- To foster a dynamic and vibrant economy.
- To provide a dynamic foreign policy.
- To provide an equitable distribution of national wealth for the development of all parts of the country.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF GNPP
- Won governorship seat of two states – Borno and Gongola.
- The party was able to implement parts of its programmes in the two states it controlled.