Assignment: Present Sales Information
For this assignment, you will edit a short PowerPoint presentation that contains sales information. Download the PowerPoint presentation you will use to start your assignment. Follow the directions below. Remember to review lessons or browse the web if you get stuck.
Open the presentation. Save it to the Rowan folder on your desktop as BA132_LastName_SalesInformation.pptx, replacing “LastName” with your own last name. (Example: BA132_Mandela_SalesInformation) It is a good idea to save your work periodically.
- Edit the first slide to say “Annual Sales Data” under the Title “Rowan Retail”
- Move the current slide 3 in front of the current slide 2
- Add a text box on slide 3 next to the month with the highest sales data that reads “Highest Month.” Your text box should be to the left of the month.
- Add three slides to the end of the presentation. The layout of these slides does not matter.
- Add a 30-second transition to each slide. You can add any transition effect you wish. Unselect the “On Mouse Click” Advance Slide option.
- Save your work.
Check Your Understanding: Images Within Text
In this PowerPoint module, we discussed how to edit and insert mainly text-based information into slides. However, PowerPoint’s capabilities do not end there! You can also create your very own images from text.
Watch the video below:
Now consider these questions: In what situations would this feature be useful? Would you ever use this feature? Why or why not? What other applications can you think of for this feature?
Putting It Together
Now that you understand the basics of Microsoft PowerPoint, let us consider some ways to use this program to share information.
- You could present quarterly sales data, copying graphs or sparklines from Excel.
- You could provide a summary of the high points from a report, such as key metrics or conclusions about ways to improve business operations.
- You could display inventory data previously collected in Excel, including item, quantity, and store location.
This module focused on the basics of using PowerPoint to edit an existing presentation. In our next module, we will expand our use of PowerPoint by creating a presentation from scratch and learning to add key features, such as images and graphics.