- Magnetism is a subject that includes the properties of magnets, the effect of the magnetic force on moving charges and currents, and the creation of magnetic fields by currents.
- There are two types of magnetic poles, called the north magnetic pole and south magnetic pole.
- North magnetic poles are those that are attracted toward the Earth’s geographic north pole.
- Like poles repel and unlike poles attract.
- Magnetic poles always occur in pairs of north and south—it is not possible to isolate north and south poles.
north magnetic pole
the end or the side of a magnet that is attracted toward Earth’s geographic north pole
south magnetic pole
the end or the side of a magnet that is attracted toward Earth’s geographic south pole