A graph may be defined as a diagram showing a functional relationship between two variables. Information presented on tables can be translated into graphs for better understanding.
Plot a graph using the table of the quantity of Indomie bought by Fiona at different prices.
|Price of Indomie||Quantity Bought|
Quantity of Indomie Bought by Fiona at Different Prices
Importance of Graphs
- Graphs help to show the relationship between two variables.
- Graphs make clearer and quicker impressions about quantitative information illustrated in tabular form.
- Graphs make it possible for the effects of changes in variables on quantities to be expressed.
Features of Graphs
- All graphs must have a title.
- Graphs must have appropriate scales.
- All graphs should have x-axis on the horizontal side and y-axis on the vertical side.
- Graphs must be labeled properly for better understanding.