Swinburne University 2015 Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS)
You are invited to apply for the Swinburne University 2015 Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS) in Australia. The Swinburne University Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS ) is the University’s premier research award. They are awarded to students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research (HDR). The successful applicants will become members of a ... Continue Reading
You are invited to apply for the Swinburne University 2015 Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS) in Australia. The Swinburne University Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS ) is the University’s premier research award. They are awarded to students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research (HDR). The successful applicants will become members of a research team working under the direction of senior researchers.
Value of Scholarship
The awards provide an annual stipend of $30,000, an Establishment Grant of up to $3,000 and up to $5000 for a 6 month overseas placement in a collaborating laboratory or organisation nominated by Swinburne. This overseas placement is a condition of the award. The scholarship also covers tuition fees.
The duration of a full-time CRS is three years for a student undertaking Research Doctorate studies.
To become and remain eligible for a CRS a student:
- • may be a local or an international student; and
- • must meet the University’s enrollment eligibility criteria including language proficiency; and
- • must not hold a Research Doctorate or an equivalent research qualification; and
- • must have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with these Guidelines; and
- • must be undertaking a Research Doctorate; and
- • must be enrolled as a full-time student, unless the University has approved a part-time CRS for the student under these Guidelines; and
- • must not previously have held a postgraduate research scholarship (some exceptions may apply, contact Swinburne Research for more information); and
- • must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship (excluding an IPRS) or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the APA stipend rate, to undertake the HDR. Income from sources unrelated to the course of study is permitted but must be within the confines of HDR policy section 7.9 ‘Employment Commitments’; and
- • must study in an identified area of research strength for Swinburne University; and
- • must undertake a 6 month overseas research placement at an institution identified and approved by Swinburne University.
Procedure and Application Deadline:
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you must complete the scholarship portion of the candidature application form. Research degree candidature is considered all year round. Visit theapplication page for information on applying for a research degree. The application deadline is 29 May 2015.
For More Information:
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.research.swinburne.edu.au/research-students/scholarships/
Courtesy – Nigerian Scholars Team
Like our Facebook page, Nigerian Scholars to keep getting our updates and you can also subscribe by submitting you email address via the subscribe form below to keep receiving our newsletters that will help you guarantee success in your academic career both in Nigeria and beyond.
It’s our pleasure to keep serving you better.
[do_widget “email subscription widget”]