Study in USA: 2018 US Government TechWomen STEM Program Available for 100 Women
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 US Government TechWomen STEM Program Available for 100 Women. Interested students should see the details below.
About the US Department of State
The United States Department of State, often referred to as the State Department, is the United States federal executive department that advises the President and leads the country in foreign policy issues.
STEM is the academic disciplines of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. This term is typically used when addressing education policy and curriculum choices in schools, to improve competitiveness in science and technology development.
The US Department of State, USA is awarding the STEM fellowship program to Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Fields who wants to undergo a fellowship program in USA.
- Application closes: 17th January, 2018.
- Semifinalists will be contacted via email in/around March 2018.
- Final decisions will be made no later than early May 2018.
- September 2018: TechWomen program begins in San Francisco, CA
- October 2018: TechWomen program concludes in Washington, DC
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, SierraLeone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe.
Host Country: USA
Eligible Field Of Study: Any STEM fields
Course Level: Training, Fellowship
Number of Awardees: 100 women
Value of Scholarship: International travel, housing, meals and incidentals, local transportation and transportation to official TechWomen events are covered by the TechWomen program. Participants are responsible for the cost of any non-program activities in which they wish to partake, such as independent sightseeing and non-program-related travel.
Duration of Scholarship: The 2018 TechWomen program will occur over five weeks from September – October 2018. Due to the fast-paced nature of the program, arrival and departure dates are not flexible.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields.
- be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
- have at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 1 day ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago