Study in USA: 2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at University Of California, Berkeley
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at University Of California, Berkeley. Interested student should see the details below. Scholarship Description The University of California, Berkeley, is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the oldest of the ten research universities in the University of California system, and is often cited as ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at University Of California, Berkeley. Interested student should see the details below.
The University of California, Berkeley, is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the oldest of the ten research universities in the University of California system, and is often cited as the top public university in the United States.
Established in 1868 as the University of California, resulting from the merger of the private College of California and the public Agricultural, Mining, and Mechanical Arts College in Oakland, Berkeley offers approximately 350 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a wide range of disciplines.
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance.
Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa find opportunities to move themselves, their families and their communities out of poverty to a better life.
The University Of California, Berkeley – USA is offering MasterCard scholarship programs to African students who has interest in undergoing a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program will provide holistic support – financial, academic, social, and career counselling to students from Sub-Saharan Africa from 2012 to 2020.
- Masters: Varies by Program (Deadlines of applicable Fields of Study fall between 1st December 2017 and 6th January 2018).
- MBA: 21st September 2017
Sub-Saharan African countries
University of California Berkeley, USA
Eligible Fields of Study
Graduate Scholars are pursuing or have earned Master’s degrees in:
- Architecture (M.Arch)
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
- Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
- MBA. However, a student would need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the Round One application deadline (21st September 2017)
Masters and MBA
For the period of study
To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship.
- be extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- be engaged in activities beyond the classroom.
- be passionate about issues affecting their communities
- have outstanding academic grades
How to Apply
To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
Learn more about applying for Masters Scholarship
See more updates from: