Study in USA: 2018 Fully-Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and KNUST
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Fully-Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Interested students should see the details below. About Institution Arizona State University is a public metropolitan research university on five campuses across the Phoenix metropolitan area, and four regional learning centers ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Fully-Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Interested students should see the details below.
Arizona State University is a public metropolitan research university on five campuses across the Phoenix metropolitan area, and four regional learning centers throughout Arizona.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is a university in Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana. The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is the public university established in the country, as well as the largest university in Kumasi Metropolis and Ashanti. KNUST has its roots in the plans of the King Asantehene Agyeman Prempeh I to establish a university in Kumasi as part of his drive towards modernization of his Ashanti kingdom. This plan never came to fruition due to the clash between British empire expansion and the desire for King Prempeh I to preserve his Ashanti kingdom’s independence.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Arizona State University (ASU) USA and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education.
It aims to train a cohort of students in a 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) to contribute to societal change and transformation of the African Continent.
Application Deadline: 17:00 GMT, 17th November, 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
Host Country: Ghana (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology) and USA (Arizona State University)
Course Level: Undergraduate
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be in one of the following programs of study;
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- be in their third year of study.
- be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- have a minimum CWA of Second Class Upper Division.
- have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- have Critical Economic Needs.
- be Africans
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Interested applicants are advised to Download Application Form and Submit the completed application form by hand to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 19146 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 2732 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2250 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2172 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 1723 views