Study in UK: University of Sheffield Merit Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Sheffield Merit Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
Various Postgraduate taught Masters (MA, MSc) Scholarships for Students from Africa and other countries are available at University of Sheffield for September 2018/2019 intake.
When is the application deadline?
22nd June 2018.
Is the scholarship offered annually?
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, S. Korea, Norway, Turkey
In which host country will I be studying?
University of Sheffield, UK
Masters courses offered at the university
What is the scholarship about?
The University of Sheffield offers the Merit Postgraduate Scholarships
to international students who show exceptional academic potential starting a postgraduate taught master’s programme at the University in September.
Each scholarship is worth 50% tuition fee discount of your postgraduate taught masters degree tuition fee per year, for one year of study. The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Selection Criteria and How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The Masters Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
To be eligible for the Merit Postgraduate Scholarships:
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 15 June 2018. for entry in September 2018 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from February onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- These scholarships exclude postgraduate courses in Clinical Dentistry.
- Overseas students registered on partnership programmes will only be eligible for a proportionate amount of scholarship reflecting the percentage of the programme studied at and percentage of the tuition fees paid to the University of Sheffield. E.g. studying a 50:50 course with the University of Sheffield and another institution where the fees paid to the University of Sheffield are £8000, a scholarship will be applied which represents 50% of the full scholarship amount.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
50% tuition fee discount
How long will the scholarship last?
The scholarship will take one year of postgraduate study
How to Apply for the Scholarship
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply. Eligible students will automatically be sent details of how to apply from February onwards.
Applicants cannot apply for the scholarships before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 16 hours ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 18 hours ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 18 hours ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 1 day ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 1 day ago