Study in UK: 2018 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships at University of London, UK
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships at University of London, UK. Interested students should see the details below. About Institution The University of London is a collegiate and a federal research university located in London, England, The University was incorporated originally by royal charter in 1836 and is, at present, incorporated by royal charter granted in 1863. It is now governed ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships at University of London, UK. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of London is a collegiate and a federal research university located in London, England, The University was incorporated originally by royal charter in 1836 and is, at present, incorporated by royal charter granted in 1863. It is now governed by the University of London Act 1994 and by the Statutes made under it. The university currently consists of 18 constituent colleges, nine research institutes and a number of central bodies.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF) is an African foundation, established in 2006 with one focus: the critical importance of governance and leadership in Africa. It is our belief that governance and leadership lie at the heart of any tangible and shared improvement in the quality of life of African citizens.
The Centre of African Studies at SOAS, University of London, UK is offering the MO Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship program to individuals who have interest in pursuing a degree program at the University Of London, UK.
This scholarship program is created to dedicate environment to support the study of the socio-economic, political, and legal links between governance and development.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
Host Country: University of London, UK
Eligible Fields Of Study: The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Course Level: PhD
Number of Scholarships: 2
Value Of Scholarship:
- PhD: The scholarship is on a part‐present form and it provides for fees for three years. However, accommodation and living cost are covered for the first year only. The scholarship will also cover in total 2 return flights : one during the first year, and one for the viva (plus one week’s accommodation around the viva). In year 2 and year 3, the successful candidate will also receive an annual stipend of £5,000. We also cover visa cost, provided receipts are submitted to the Centre of African Studies office. We expect students to be on fieldwork during the second year, and to write the thesis in the third year in their country of origin.
Duration Of Scholarship: 3 years
How to Apply for the Scholarship
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER for the PhD by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Please provide the following documents by email to email@example.com:
- complete application form
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
- The guidance notes and the reference form
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 20283 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 2852 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2306 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2257 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 1931 views