Study in UK: 2018 African Students MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme at University of Edinburgh
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 African Students MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme at University of Edinburgh. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
Mastercard Foundation is an independent global foundation which states it “advances youth learning and promotes financial inclusion to catalyze prosperity in developing countries.”
The University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme is offering the mastercard scholarships to African students who wants to pursue a bachelors and masters degree in the institution.
The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh.
This scholarship is provided to give African scholars the opportunity to become leaders to their communities and improve the lives of people when they get back home [Africa].
Application Deadline: 30th November 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
Host Country: Scotland, UK
Eligible Field Of Study:
- All Undergraduate programmes
Scholarships are available for the following Postgraduate Masters programmes:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MA Product Design
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be Africans.
- Qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We prefer that applicants apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and service skills to the community.
- Must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
- be able to demonstrate financial needs.
Number of Awardees:
- 25 scholarships are available in 2018/2019 for undergraduate programmes
- 10 scholarships are available in 2018/2019 for Masters programmes
How to Apply for the Scholarship
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 1 day ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago