Study in Switzerland: Apply for the 2018 EPFL Masters Fellowships for International Students
Applications are currently ongoing for the EPFL Masters Fellowships for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) offers a limited number of fellowships at the Master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Some of the fellowships are financed by EPFL directly and others through partnerships with foundations or companies.
When is the application deadline?
- 15th January 2018
- 15th April 2018
Is the scholarship offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship? and Selection Criteria
- Participation is open for candidates of any nationality
- Anyone applying to an EPFL Master’s Program is eligible for the scholarship.
- Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs.The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships is done based solely on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates.
A first screening is done by sections. The attribution of the fellowships is then done by the Excellence Fellowships Committee, presided by Prof. Vandergheynst, Vice-Provost for Education.
To ensure that all fellowships are distributed in case of withdrawals, multiple candidates can be selected and placed on a waiting list. The fellowship is then offered to the main candidate who will be given a deadline (2-4 weeks) for confirming the acceptance of her/his admission and fellowship. In case of withdrawal or absence of response, the fellowship is offered to the first candidate on the waiting list who then get a deadline (1-2 weeks) for confirming the acceptance of her/his admission and fellowship.
Number of Awardees
Value of Fellowship:
- For external applicants, the scholarship includes CHF 16’000 per academic year split into monthly payments (CHF 32’000 for a two-year Master’s or CHF 24’000 for a 1 1/2 year Master’s) and reservation of a room in student’s accommodation.
- Note that accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by the fellowship holder.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
The application is done via the same online form that your application to a Master’s program is sent. It is however necessary to tick the box indicating that your profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship.
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 1 day ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 2 days ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 2 days ago