Study in Netherlands: 2018 GELIFES Scholarships at University of Groningen, Netherlands
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 GELIFES Scholarships at University of Groningen, Netherlands. Interested students should see the details below. About Institution The University of Groningen is a public research university in the city of Groningen in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1614 and is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands as well as one of its largest. Since its ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 GELIFES Scholarships at University of Groningen, Netherlands. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Groningen is a public research university in the city of Groningen in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1614 and is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands as well as one of its largest. Since its inception more than 200,000 students have graduated. It is a member of the distinguished international Coimbra Group of European universities.
In April 2013, according to the results of the International Student Barometer, the University of Groningen, for the third time in a row, has been voted the best university of the Netherlands. In 2014 the university celebrated its 400th anniversary. The University of Groningen has ten faculties, nine graduate schools, 27 research centres and institutes, and more than 175 degree programmes.
The Groningen Institute for Evolutionary Life Sciences (GELIFES) of the University of Groningen and the Department of Coastal Systems (COS) of the Royal NIOZ invites application from Interested applicants who are willing to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program is provided to excellent, highly motivated PhD students with a keen interest in evolutionary biology, behavioural ecology, and/or animal personalities.
Application Deadline: 5th November 2017 at 5pm (GMT).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Netherlands
Eligible Fields of Study: evolutionary biology, behavioural ecology, and/or animal personalities
Number Of Awardees: 2
Value Of Scholarship: University is offering a 4-year fulltime position with a pension scheme, a yearly 8% vacation allowance, a year-end bonus and flexible employment conditions. Working conditions are based on the Collective Labour Agreement of Research Centres (WVOI). The position will be located on Texel. Cost of relocation and help with housing is provided by the Royal NIOZ.
Duration Of Scholarship: Duration of candidate’s chosen course
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have completed their Masters and Bachelors degree program
- have good English oral and written skills
- have experience with computer simulations and/or the analysis of theoretical models.
- have an MSc in Biology or an MSc in a field related to mathematics and the computer sciences.
How To Apply: Click here to apply
The following are required during application:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation to conduct scientific research and in particular the topic of the project above
- A brief proposal (500 words) related to the topic of the project, including a hypothesis and a sketch of an approach
- A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
- A sample of academic writing (MA thesis, publication)
- A certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record
- Names and contact details of two academic references.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 20735 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 2913 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2331 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2310 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2040 views