Study in Netherlands: 2018 Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Scholarships at IHE Delft
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Scholarships at IHE Delft. Interested students should see the details below. About Institution IHE Delft Institute for Water Education is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, Netherlands. The Institute confers fully accredited MSc degrees, and PhD ... Continue Reading
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Scholarships at IHE Delft. Interested students should see the details below.
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, Netherlands. The Institute confers fully accredited MSc degrees, and PhD degrees in collaboration with partners in the Netherlands. Since 1957 the Institute has provided graduate education to more than 15,000 water professionals from over 160 countries.
IHE Delft was formerly known as UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, which was created in 2003 from the previous IHE. This in turn was established from the International Course in Hydraulic Engineering (set up in 1957). This name changed to International Institute for Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering (IHE) in 1976.
IHE Delft is instrumental in the strengthening of efforts by other universities and research centres in increasing knowledge and skills of professionals working in the water sector. The knowledge and services of IHE Delft in human and institutional capacity-building are vital to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals, especially SDG 6 (providing access to clean water and sanitation).
The IHE Delft Institute for Water Education in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) has lunched a unique program which will be provided to interested applicants who are willing to undergo a degree program at IHE Delft.
This scholarship program is created to attract talented and ambitious young and mid-career sanitation professionals, working in water supply and sewerage companies, municipal assemblies, government ministries, NGOs and consulting firms.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017 (23.59 CET).
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All. Countries in South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa will be given priority.
To Be Taken At (Country): The Netherlands
Number Of Awards: 15
Value Of Award:
- The scholarship covers: tuition fee; direct study related cost; insurance; visa cost; monthly allowance for living and accommodation; research allowance, international travel. Visa and accommodation will be arranged by IHE Delft.
- In the subsequent editions, starting from the class 2019-2020, the programme will be open to more students (up to 50) and funding beyond scholarships provided by the BMGF will be necessary.
Duration of Program: 1 year
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in sanitary, civil, chemical, agricultural, environmental engineering, chemistry, ecology, biology, natural science, environmental science, agriculture, environmental economics.
- be citizens of an South Asian or Sub-Saharan African Country
- have good academic records
How To Apply: The following are required during application process:
- Certified copies of degrees/diplomas.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts. Authenticated or certified copies are copies with an official stamp to verify that the copies are true copies of original documents. This official stamp may be from one of the following: a solicitor/notary, the educational institution from where the student gained the diplomas or the local council/local authority/local government office.
- Two recommendation letters, preferably one from a person that can judge students’ professional abilities and one from a person that can judge his/her academic abilities. One recommendation letter has to come from the current employer (if available) and another one from the university the student graduated from. Letters have to have an official letterhead and need to be signed and dated.
- Motivation letter (maximum 500 words explanation why he/she applies for admission to the programme).
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of results of English language test score (if required, see English language requirements).