Study in Kenya: Kisii University-DAAD Msc and PhD Scholarships for African Students
Applications are currently ongoing for the Kisii University-DAAD Msc and PhD Scholarships for African Students. Interested students should see the details below. Scholarship Details and FAQs Kisii University, Kenya invites application from qualified candidates for the award of DAAD Masters & PhD (postgraduate) Scholarship for students from Kenya or a sub-Saharan African country 2018/2019. When ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the Kisii University-DAAD Msc and PhD Scholarships for African Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
Kisii University, Kenya invites application from qualified candidates for the award of DAAD Masters & PhD (postgraduate) Scholarship for students from Kenya or a sub-Saharan African country 2018/2019.
When is the application deadline?
9th February 2018 at 11:59 pm.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Kenyans or citizens of a sub Saharan African country.
In which host country will I be studying?
Kisii University, Kenya
Eligible Field of Study:
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the award of DAAD Msc and PhD scholarship in the area of specialization of Fisheries.
What is the scholarship about?
Kisii University offers DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies, Eastern Africa 2018/2019. The awards are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master) and three years (Ph.D.) respectively.
What is the course level?
MSc and PhD degrees
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The applicants must meet the following criteria for selection:
- they must have a minimum of upper second class or first class honours degree in fisheries or in a closely related biological sciences field of study for MSc scholarship.
- they must have a minimum of an Msc in Fisheries or in a closely related aquatic sciences field with above average grades for PhD Scholarship.
- The PhD proposals must demonstrate relevance to development, and MUST be free of any plagiarism.
- The candidates must have had their degree not more than six years ago.
- Candidates must be Kenyans or citizens of a sub Saharan African country.
- They must have proof of admission to the desired degree programme.
- The applicants must fulfil all the DAAD application requirements available in the Kisii University website: kisiiuniversity.ac.ke.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How many scholarship awards are available?
- Msc Fisheries – 4 Scholarships
- PhD Fisheries – 2 Scholarships
What are the benefits of the scholarship?:
- DAAD will pay tuition fees to the university according to the submitted fees structure and a monthly stipend to the scholarship holder, covering cost of living including accommodation.
- In addition, the scholarship holder will receive an annual study and research allowance. This allowance is intended to assist in covering of any costs related to the student’s research project. The annual study and research allowance is paid in local currency and is equivalent to the amount of EUR 230.00 for Master’s scholarship holders and EUR 920.00 for Ph.D. scholarship holders.
- Within the final year of studies, DAAD pays a lump sum of EUR 1,025.00 to the scholarship holder, where applicable (in local currency). This final allowance is granted to assist in covering of the thesis production costs in the last year of the course of studies (i.e. second year for Master students, third year for Ph.D. students).
- Please note that a DAAD scholarship is not a full scholarship. DAAD will only provide funding as stated above. It is not possible to apply for additional funding (e.g. laboratory, field work, conferences, technical equipment, books, travel, etc.)
How long will the scholarship last?
This award will be available for a maximum of two years (for MSc), three years (for PhD). The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using a form to be availed at the appropriate time in the DAAD Portal generally, this is from the month of April 2019.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- Applications accompanied by a CV, required documents outlined in information sheet for scholars both in soft and hard copy should be sent to the coordinator Kisii University – DAAD scholarships Programme, Research and Extension Office, P.O Box 408-40200, Kisii. Email: research[at]kisiiuniversity.ac.ke.
- Only nominated candidates will be informed to apply for the DAAD Scholarships in the DAAD Portal.
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 21923 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 3100 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2407 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2390 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2303 views