Study in Japan: 2017 Honjo International Graduate Scholarship
Honjo International Graduate Scholarship Foundation will commence acceptance of application for the 2017 Honjo International Graduate Scholarship programme to study in Japan from September 1, 2016. Honjo International Graduate Scholarship is open to foreign students who will attend a graduate school at a Japanese university. The payment of the Honjo International Graduate scholarship money will be ... Continue Reading
Honjo International Graduate Scholarship Foundation will commence acceptance of application for the 2017 Honjo International Graduate Scholarship programme to study in Japan from September 1, 2016. Honjo International Graduate Scholarship is open to foreign students who will attend a graduate school at a Japanese university.
The payment of the Honjo International Graduate scholarship money will be issued starting from April, 2017. The scholarship recipients are under no obligation to repay the amount they receive from our Foundation.
October 31, 2016.
International students from all countries can apply for the Honjo Graduate International Scholarship.
Value of Scholarship
The period of the Honjo International Graduate scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree. The student, once awarded the scholarship will be able to choose the option (1), (2) or (3) as below.
- ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
(To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria below.)
- The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2016.
- To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1981. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1986.
- The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
Number of Awardees
15 to 20 students
- Applications are accepted between September 1, 2016 and October 31, 2016.
- First selection: The first selection will be conducted with documents submitted by applicants. The results of the first selection will be announced by January 31, 2017 as the awarded candidates’ application numbers will be put on our website.
- Second selection: Interviews will be conducted between February 1 and 15, 2017, in Tokyo. Its detailed schedule will be communicated at a later date directly to those who passed the first step of the selection process.
- We will conduct the interview via Skype in case if you will be outside of Japan.
- Scholarship awarded: Mid-March, 2017.
How to Apply
Please visit the website below and fill a form, and get your application number. Awarded candidates’ application numbers are announced on our website on January 31, 2016 so be advised to save the number you got.
Visit the official website (link below) for complete information on how to complete application for this scholarship programme.
See more updates from: