Study in Indonesia: Indonesian Government Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
Applications are currently ongoing for the Indonesian Government Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries. Interested students should see the details below. Scholarship Details and FAQs For the academic year 2018/2019, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia once more invites the foreign students to participate in the Darmasiswa Scholarship at several universities in Indonesia When ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the Indonesian Government Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
For the academic year 2018/2019, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia once more invites the foreign students to participate in the Darmasiswa Scholarship at several universities in Indonesia
When is the application deadline?
18th February 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
Scholarships will be taken at the following universities in Indonesia.
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
Agricultural Sciences, Education, Engineering, Humanities, Multi-Disciplinary Studies, Social Sciences and Sciences
What is the scholarship about?
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is annually offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship, a non-degree scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities (59 universities) located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). The scholarship will be awarded to 650 applicants.
The DARMASISWA program was started in 1974 as part of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended to include students from other countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and USA. In early 90’s, this program was extended further to include all countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 80 countries.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
Offered Since: 2002
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship? and Selection Criteria
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student;
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent;
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age;
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia is required (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/ TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable);
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate;
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
How many scholarship awards are available?
- Living Allowance and accomodation
- Research and book allowances (will be given during the Master Program)
- Health insurance
How long will the scholarship last? of sponsorship
- 8 months of Indonesian Language Program
- 4 months of Preparatory Program
- 24 months (4 semesters) of Master Programs
How to Apply for the Scholarship
All documents must be submitted to your account in apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2018)
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
See more updates from:
- JAMB Subject Combinations for all Courses in Nigerian Universities - 21927 views
- WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/Feb Examination Timetable Released - 3100 views
- BUK Direct Entry Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2407 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 1st Batch Admission List Released On School Portal – 2017/2018 - 2391 views
- Fed Poly Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Released – 2017/2018 - 2304 views