Study in Finland: University of Helsinki Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for International Students
Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Helsinki Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
This scholarship programme is intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA who want to do a Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki. Grants can be applied for while applying to the University of Helsinki’s Masters’ programmes.
When is the application deadline?
12th January, 2018
In which host country will I be studying?
Field of Study
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries, who do not have a permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area, are liable for these fees.
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki
- The country of your nationality is outside the EU/EEA and you meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland. More information at the Studyinfo.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
The Master’s Programme will make the academic assessment of your degree application simultaneously with your scholarship application. At this stage the scholarship criteria is the same as the programme specific selection criteria.
After the Master’s Programme proposal the Scholarship Committee will make the final decisions. In addition to the academic criteria the committee will also consider the variety and diversity of the applicants and grant the scholarships to those coming from different backgrounds and fields of studies. The aim is to create a rich and diverse learning environment at the University of Helsinki.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an official acceptance letter with the information of scholarship status.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- Fully Funded Grant
(Tuition fee + 10 000 EUR)
- Full Tuition fee Grant
- Study Grant
(10 000 EUR)
Tuition fees range from 13 000 to 18 000 euros.
How long will the scholarship last?
The scholarship will be granted for two years. All the scholarship students are required to study full time (earn at least 55 ECTS / year) to fulfill the requirements of the scholarship. After the first study year, your studies will be evaluated and, depending on your progress, the scholarship will be continued.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
The scholarship application will be filled out in the same application system and simultaneously with your online application to the University of Helsinki English language Master’s programmes. The possible scholarship-related documents should be delivered with the other enclosed documents of your degree application.
See more updates from:
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 1 day ago
- Study in Germany: 2018 100% Bucerius Global Scholarships for International Students - 1 day ago
- Apply for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa - 1 day ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships for African and Commonwealth Countries - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Merit Scholarships for International Students - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 Bangor University Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for African Students - 2 days ago
- Study In Germany: 2018 University of Bonn ZEF’s Doctoral Scholarship Programme - 2 days ago