Study in Canada: 2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at University of British Columbia
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at University of British Columbia. Interested students should see the details below. About Institution The University of British Columbia, commonly referred to as UBC, is a public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1908 as the McGill University College of British Columbia, the university became independent and adopted ... Continue Reading
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at University of British Columbia. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of British Columbia, commonly referred to as UBC, is a public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1908 as the McGill University College of British Columbia, the university became independent and adopted its current name in 1915. It is British Columbia’s oldest institution of higher learning and has over 60,000 students at its Vancouver and Okanagan Valley campuses.
Most students are enrolled in five larger faculties: Arts, Science, Applied Science, UBC Faculty of Medicine and the Sauder School of Business. UBC’s 4.02 km2 (993-acre) Vancouver campus is within the University Endowment Lands, about 10 km (6 mi) west of Downtown Vancouver. The 2.09 km2 (516-acre) Okanagan campus, acquired in 2005, is in Kelowna.
The University of British Columbia, Canada (UBC) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is providing Full Tuition fee scholarships to Interested applicants who are willing to undergo a degree program at UBC.
The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people.
Application Deadline: 15th November, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of British Columbia, Canada
Eligible Field of Study: Development related fields
Number Of Scholarships: 110 students over the next 10 years
Value Of Scholarship: Selected students will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
Duration Of Scholarship: Full period of study
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities outside the classroom, in the school and/or community;
- be graduating/recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school;
- be applying for their first undergraduate degree in one of the following Faculties at UBC’s Vancouver campus:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Faculty of Forestry (Bachelor of Science in Forestry)
- Faculty of Land & Food Systems (including Global Resource Systems; Food, Nutrition & Health; Applied Biology [Applied Animal Biology, Applied Plant & Soil Sciences or Food & the Environment])
- Sauder School of Business (Bachelor of Commerce)
How To Apply: A student must be nominated for the Undergraduate MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of British Columbia. Nominations will be accepted from secondary schools and recognized international development agencies and their affiliates, or registered local or international charitable and not-for-profit organizations. Each school or organization may nominate a maximum of three students. Note that you will need to apply online to the University of British Columbia AND also submit the Undergraduate MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program nomination package.
Nominations are now OPEN.
You can find the application package below:
See more updates from: