Study in Canada: 2018 $5,000 Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship at Carleton University
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 $5,000 Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship at Carleton University. Interested students should see the details below.
Carleton University is a comprehensive university located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The enabling legislation is The Carleton University Act, 1952, S.O. 1952. It was founded on rented premises in 1942, and grew to meet the needs of returning World War II veterans and later became Ontario’s first private, non-denominational college. It would expand further in the 1960s, consistent with government policy that saw increased access to higher education as a social good and means to economic growth.
Carleton is a public university that offers more than 65 academic programs across a wide range of disciplines. Carleton is reputed for its strength in a variety of fields such as humanities, international business and many of the disciplines housed in its Faculty of Public Affairs (including international affairs, journalism, political science, political economy, political management, public policy and administration, and legal studies).
Applications are invited for the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship program, valued at $5,000 which is awarded to interested applicants who have interest in pursuing a degree program at Carleton University, Canada.
This award was endowed in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Carleton University, Canada
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Value Of Scholarships: $5,000
Number Of Awards: 1
Eligibility: To be eligible for the scholarship program, applicants :
- must be a citizen of an African country.
- must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- must be in good academic standing.
How To Apply: Interested applicants should take the following steps:
- Please complete all 5 sections of the application form.
- Enclose with your application an essay (500-600 words) on the topic provided.
- Enclose with your application a sealed recommendation from an academic referee.
- Enclose with your application proof of citizenship and a copy of your study permit for Canada
Acceptable referees would include:
- Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
- Thesis advisor
- Graduate Supervisor
- Dean of a Faculty
- A Director of a School or Institute
- A Chair of a Department or Program
See more updates from:
- Study in USA: 2018 Southern New Hampshire University Merit Scholarships - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Wuhan University Scholarships for International and Chinese Law - 1 day ago
- Study in Japan: 2018 Daiohs Memorial Foundation Scholarships at University of Tokyo – Japan - 1 day ago
- Study in China: 2018 Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (Fully Funded) - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: 2018 African Excellence Scholarships (Full Tuition) at University of Glasgow - 2 days ago
- Study in UK: University Of Strathclyde Scholarship for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - 2 days ago
- Learn Web and Android Programming: Google/Udacity Africa Scholarship Program 2018 - 4 days ago