YSU Direct Entry Screening Form, 2021/2022
Yobe State University (YSU) is currently selling application forms for its 2021/2022 academic session Direct Entry Screening exercise. The YSU Direct Entry form is now available on sale.
From the office of the Registrar, Yobe State University, Damaturu, this is to inform all candidates who apply for admission through UTME that there will be a screening exercise for those who chose Yobe State University as their FIRST CHOICE with an aggregate score of 140 and above and Direct Entry candidates.
NOTE: All candidates willing to participate in the screening must fulfill the following requirements:
- Direct entry applicant must have gotten the minimum ‘A’ Level qualification/grade relevant to his/her chosen programme;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) relevant passes at credit level, including English and Mathematics in the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE), the National Examination Council (NECO), National Business and Technical Education Board (NABTEB), and National Board for Arabic and Islamic Studies (NBAIS) in not more than two (2) sittings;
- Must have uploaded his/her ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level result(s), as the case may be, on the JAMB Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) platform, at least, prior to the Post-UTME screening.
|ARTS AND EDUCATION|
|EDUCATION ENGLISH LANGUAGE|
|EDUCATION ISLAMIC STUDIES|
|COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES|
|SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES|
How to Apply for YSU Direct Entry Form
- ONLINE REGISTRATION for post-UTME/DE screening for 2021/2022 admission commences on Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Candidates shall Generate Remita at any Cyber Café and obtain RRR Number.
- Pay the sum of Two Thousand Naira (2,000.00) Only through Remita and print the slip online or at any bank.
- Register online through Yobe State University Post-UTME Portal at https://ysu.edu.ng/putme.
All candidates willing to participate in the screening must fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates must have chosen Yobe State University as their 1st choice and have scored the minimum required cut-off marks for the Departments they applied
- Candidates who have not met the required cut-off marks for the programmes they have chosen as their first choices but have the appropriate score to change to other relevant programmes must visit JAMB portal to do so.
- All awaiting A’ level and O’ level results not uploaded by candidates during UTME/DE registration must be uploaded to JAMB admission portal for consideration.
- Correct and accurate information must be supplied during the post UTME/DE online registration as false claims will render applications invalid while such claimants will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021.
Wishing you the best of luck and accept the Vice Chancellor’s warm regards, please.
The noble idea of establishing a state university in Damaturu was recommended to the state government by the committee on blue print for the educational development of Yobe state, its sub-committee on higher education submitted the report stating the desirability for a university in Yobe.
Following the NUC’s encouragement of state and private organization to establish viable universities and the rapid growth of post primary and tertiary institutions in the state became obvious that large number of potential university candidates would emerge seeking admission into the university in Yobe.
The state under the leadership of his Excellency governor Bukar Abba Ibrahim decided to establish a university named Bukar Abba Ibrahim University and immediately constituted the planning committee with Professor Muhammad Nur Alkali as Chairman. The committee stated to plan the take-off of the university in January 2007.
The academic brief, the law and master plan were produced and approved by the national universities commission (NUC) the university is planned for a 25 year period and provides the details of the vision, mission, philosophy and objectives, administrative structure and research policy of the university.
The brief captures the faculties, departments and courses that the university shall establish at its inception and at its full maturity over a twenty-five year period. It also captures the number of staff and students that shall populate the university in the first ten years of its existence as well as the resources required to run the university during the same period.