YSU Direct Entry Screening Form, 2020/2021
The management of the Yobe State University (YSU) wishes to inform all prospective students of the university who have applied for the Post-UTME screening for the 2020/2021 academic session that they will be screened only online.
NO PHYSICAL APPEARANCE OF CANDIDATES is required for the screening exercise.
YSU 2020 Post-UTME screening is online, physical presence is not required – management
The notice being circulated on the Internet is for internal use only. Thank you.
Yobe State University (YSU) is currently selling application forms for its 2020/2021 academic session Direct Entry Screening exercise. The YSU Direct Entry form is now available on sale.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION for post UTME/DE screening for 2020/2021 admission commences on Monday 13th July, 2020.
- Candidates shall Generate Remita at any Cyber Café and obtain RRR Number.
- Pay the sum of Two Thousand Naira (2,000.00) Only through Remita and print the slip at any bank.
- Register online through Yobe State University Post-UTME Portal at https://ysu.edu.ng/putme
NOTE: All candidates willing to participate in the screening must fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates who applied for programs such as Education Arts, Education Science, Education Social Science, Arabic & Islamic Studies, Sociology & Anthropology and Biological Science should visit JAMB portal to change to appropriate courses as indicated below:
- Candidates who have not met the required cut-off marks for the programs they chose as their first choice but have the appropriate scores to change to other relevant programs must visit JAMB portal to do so.
- Candidates must have chosen Yobe State University as their 1st choice and have scored the minimum required cut-off marks for the Departments they applied.
- B.A (Ed) Arabic/English/Hausa/History/ Islamic Studies, instead of Education Arts;
- B.Sc (Ed) Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics, instead of Education Science;
- B.Sc (Ed) Economics/Geography/Business Education, instead of Social Science Education;
- B.A Arabic Studies or Islamic Studies, instead of Arabic and Islamic Studies;
- B.Sc Biology instead of Biological Science which is nomenclature of the department, but the program is Biology; and
- B.Sc Sociology instead of Sociology & Anthropology.
- All awaiting A’ level and O’ level result not uploaded by candidate during UTME/DE registration must be uploaded to JAMB admission portal for consideration.
- Correct and accurate information must be supplied during the post UTME/DE online registration as false claims will render applications invalid while such claimants will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.
Wishing you the best of luck and accept the Vice Chancellor’s warm regards please.
Dr. Kalli A. Y. Gazali
The noble idea of establishing a state university in Damaturu was recommended to the state government by the committee on blue print for the educational development of Yobe state, its sub-committee on higher education submitted the report stating the desirability for a university in Yobe.
Following the NUC’s encouragement of state and private organization to establish viable universities and the rapid growth of post primary and tertiary institutions in the state became obvious that large number of potential university candidates would emerge seeking admission into the university in Yobe.
The state under the leadership of his Excellency governor Bukar Abba Ibrahim decided to establish a university named Bukar Abba Ibrahim University and immediately constituted the planning committee with Professor Muhammad Nur Alkali as Chairman. The committee stated to plan the take-off of the university in January 2007.
The academic brief, the law and master plan were produced and approved by the national universities commission (NUC) the university is planned for a 25 year period and provides the details of the vision, mission, philosophy and objectives, administrative structure and research policy of the university.
The brief captures the faculties, departments and courses that the university shall establish at its inception and at its full maturity over a twenty-five year period. It also captures the number of staff and students that shall populate the university in the first ten years of its existence as well as the resources required to run the university during the same period.