The University of Nigeria (UNN) has begun the 2015/2016 Inter-University Transfer & Change of Department Applications. The details of both are specified in this article.
UNN 2015/2016 Inter-University Transfer Application Guidelines
The authorities of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has published the inter-university transfer Application guidelines for the 2015/2016 Academic Session.
GUIDELINES FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF APPLICATION FOR INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER
1. An application for admission by transfer shall be addressed to the Chairman, Senate Entrance Board and submitted to the Admissions Office for presentation to Senate Entrance Board for consideration.
2. Transfer students shall possess the minimum University of Nigeria and Departmental entry requirement prior to entry into university from where they are seeking transfer.
3. Transfer students shall make a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 5.00 point scale to quality for consideration and should not have spent more than two (2) academic sessions in his or her former university.
4. The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 4% of the departmental admission quota in any one year.
5. Application should be accompanied by student’s transcript. Entrance Board member(s) would be sent to the university from where transfer is being sought for verification of the transcript.
6. At any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the student(s), such student(s) shall be withdrawn from the university.
7. Disciplinary action shall be taken against any officer of the university found colluding with or circumventing the process of the transfer.
8. A transfer student is required to possess a JAMB score which is not less than the minimum score of UNN students admitted into his department in his admission year.
9. He must transfer into the same course as he studied in his university.
10. Transfer student must not be admitted beyond second (2nd) year for all programmes in the university.
11. A transfer student must be a current student of the university from which he seeks transfer.
12. All application for Inter – University Transfer for the 2015/2016 academic session should be received on or before November 30, 2015.
13. All recommendations for admission by transfer from Faculty shall be submitted to the Admission Office for collation and presentation to Senate Entrance Board for consideration.
1. Visit the University of Nigeria website (www.unn.edu.ng) or portal (unnportal.edu.ng), log in your Telephone Number to generate and download a unique Payment Invoice for Application Processing Fee. Take the invoice to any branch of UBA, Zennith Bank, First Bank, Access Bank and Fidelity Bank or any other bank on the e-tranzact platform to pay N70,000.00 processing fee. Ensure that the Invoice Number is keyed in appropriately at the bank and obtain a Confirmation Slip containing a Confirmation Number and your Invoice Number.
2. Visit the University of Nigeria website or portal (www.unn.edu.ng or unnportal.edu.ng) again and login your Telephone number, the Confirmation and Invoice numbers, and then complete the Inter-University Transfer Form online.
3. Candidates should note that any form which is not completed on-line will not be processed.
UNN 2015/2016 Change of Department Application
The management of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) hereby invites interested students who must have made a minimum G.P.A. of 1.00 to apply for the 2015/2016 Academic Session Change of Degree Programme.
1. Application for Change of Degree Programme should be received at the end of each session. The processing of the application should be completed not later than one month from the beginning of the new session.
2. Students who wish to change their degree programme should adhere to the Application procedure as indicated below.
3. The Admissions Office will confirm the students’ eligibility for the new Departments and process the applications of the students listed in the payment schedule.
4. Movement of Application forms from the Admissions Office to the Faculties and back should be done in batches. Students should not be involved in the movement of the forms.
5. At the end of the stipulated period, only those who have completed the process will be registered in their new Departments. There will be no carryover of the process to another session.
6. For a student to change from one Department to another, he/she must make the minimum GPA of 1.00. Each Department will determine the minimum cut off GPA for accepting students into the Department, through Change of Degree Programme.
7. No other form of payment should be made or collected for Change of Degree Programme, except that indicated in the Application procedure.
a) Eligible candidates are requested to visit the University of Nigeria website www.unn.edu.ng or
portal unnportal.edu.ng, log in your Registration number to generate and download a unique payment invoice. Take the invoice to any branch of the following Banks on the e-transact:
– UBA Plc
– Zenith Bank Plc
– First Bank of Nigeria Plc
– Access Bank Plc
– Fidelity Bank Plc
b) With the Payment Invoice, the candidate is requested to pay Five thousand naira (N5,000.00) application processing fee. Ensure that the Invoice number is keyed in appropriately at the Bank and obtain a confirmation slip containing your Confirmation number and Invoice number.
c) To complete the Change of Degree Form online, visit the University of Nigeria website or portal and log in your Registration number, the Confirmation number and Invoice number.
Note: Candidates who fail to register within the stipulated period or complete their form online will not be processed while any extraneous payment will nullify the application.
Online registration ends on Friday 30th October, 2015.