The University of Ilorin, also known as Unilorin, is a university in Ilorin, Nigeria. It was established by a decree of the Federal Military Government in 1975 and is a federal government owned tertiary institution of education located in Ilorin, Kwara State, western Nigeria.
The ancient city of Ilorin, capital of Kwara State, is about 300 km from Lagos and 500 km from Abuja, the country’s administrative capital. In August 2014, the school was ranked as the best university in Nigeria by 4icu.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) 2014/2015 Remedial Acceptance Fee Payment & Registration Details
The University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) wishes to inform provisionally admitted candidates for 2014/2015 School of Preliminary Studies (SPS, Including French Candidates) that they are to check their admission status from the link; Unilorin Remedial Admission List<<
If offered provisional admission, complete the STEPS OUTLINED IN 1 TO 9 below:
1. Complete the acceptance form with a NON REFUNDABLE ACCEPTANCE FEE of Ten Thousand Naira (#10,000) which DOES NOT constitutes part of the school fees.
a) COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM.
b) PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE COMPLETED FORM.
2. Proceed to UNILORIN SCHOOL OF PRELIMINARY STUDIES PROGRAMME CENTRE , FUFU, near Idofian for clearance as from MONDAY 3rd March, 2015, TO 13th March, 2015 (from 8am till 4pm daily).
Bring along the originals and photocopies of Remedial Form, CERTIFICATES/STATEMENTS OF RESULTS as filled on-line for the admission process. Obtain a scratch card of the O-level examination body (or bodies) of the result(s)/certificate(s), e.g. SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, CAMBRIDGE etc, used for the application process. Activate your scratch card by using it at least once but not more than twice to check the result for which the scratch card details are being indicated.
Bring the result(s) and the attached scratch card(s) to the School of Preliminary Studies (SPS), Fufu for verification.
Obtain the clearance certificate from the School of Preliminary Studies after the verification exercise.
3. Candidates are to ensure a minimum balance of One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000.00) on their ATM card account (MASTER OR VERVE CARD) for payment purposes (Tuition: N90,000, PUTME: N3,000, School charges: N3,200, Health: N1,000 and Bank Charges: N250.00).
4. Go to the University website at www.unilorin.edu.ng and click on the link 2014/2015 School of Preliminary Registration to complete step 3 above.
a) Print 4 copies of the completed Registration form and submit 3 copies at (SPS) CENTRE, FUFU with photocopies of your 2014/2015 JAMB REGISTRATION SLIP, evidence of payment and all your other credentials as indicated above
5. A bank draft for Three thousand Naira (N4,000) made payable to the School of Preliminary Studies as caution fees must be submitted by all candidates
6. a. Limited accommodation is available on first come, first serve basis at FUFU Campus. Candidates who are interested in taking accommodation from the University are to obtain accommodation form from the School of Preliminary Studies. A bank draft for Eight Thousand Naira (N8,000) made payable to the University of Ilorin for accommodation must be submitted to the Bursary Department at Fufu. Note: Bank draft for accommodation should be submitted separately from Caution fee Bank draft.
b. Accommodation is not available for French candidates as their lectures are at University of Ilorin, Main Campus.
7. Apart from the charges specified above, candidates are warned not to pay any additional money to anybody during or after the registration exercise.
8. Any offer of admission that is not accepted and registered on or before 13th March, 2014 would be deemed to have lapsed.
9. Note that lecture starts by 16th March, 2015 at the SCHOOL OF PRELIMINARY STUDIES, FUFU.
NOTE THAT NO STUDENT WITH UTME SCORE BELOW THAT OF NATIONAL MINIMUM CUT-OFF WILL BE ADMITTED INTO ANY UNIVERSITY PROGRAMME.
Good luck from Nigerian Scholars Team.