UI Resumption Notice: It has come to the attention of the Management of the University of Ibadan (UI) that a release purporting that the date of resumption has been slated for Monday, 31 January 2022 is in circulation.
This is to inform the Public especially Parents, Guardians and Students that Senate of the University would pronounce an approved date of resumption for both fresh and returning students accordingly.
UI Academic Calendar for 2018/2019 Session (Adjusted)
The Management of the University of Ibadan (UI) has released the Adjusted academic calendar for the 2018/2019 session.
The breakdown of UI academic calendar is as follows.
UI Adjusted Academic Calendar for 2018/2019 Session
- One Week for Processing of Examination Results for Final and Non-final Years › Mon.18/01/21– Fri.22/01/21
- Two Weeks for Meetings of Faculty Boards of Examiners for Consideration of Second Semester Final and Non-Final Year Results › – Mon. 25/01/21 – Fri. 05/02/21
- One Week for Senate Meetings for the Consideration of first and Second Semester Results Mon. › – 15/02/21 – Fri.19/02/21
- End of 2018/2019 Academic Session
UI Academic Calendar for 2020/2021 Session
- 13 weeks for Virtual Teaching/Revision › Mon.22/02/21– Fri.21/05/21
- Matriculation Ceremony › – Tues 16/03/21
- One week for the Finalization of Continuous Assessment › Mon. 17/05/21– Fri.21/05/21
- GES Examinations › Mon. 24/05/21– Fri.28/05/21
- Two Weeks for Examinations in Faculties of Education, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Technology, Law, Agriculture, Renewable Natural Resources, Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Basic Medical Sciences, Public Health › Mon.31/05/21 – Fri. 11/06/21
- Two Weeks for Examinations in other Faculties › – Mon.14/06/21– Fri.25/06/21
- Two Weeks for Processing of First Semester Examination Results › Mon. 28/06/21 – Fri.09/07/21
- Opening of Portal for Online Registration for Returning Students › Sat. 20/02/21– Fri. 16/04/21
- 13 Weeks for Teaching/Revision › Mon.12/07/21 – Fri.08/10/21
- Two Weeks for Meetings of Faculty Boards of Examiners to Consider First Semester Non-Final Year Results › Mon. 19/07/21– Fri.30/07.21
- Senate Meeting for the Consideration of First Semester Non-Final Year Results › Tue.10/08/21
- One Week for the Finalization of Continuous Assessment › – Mon.04/10/21 – Fri.08/10/21
- GES Examinations › – Mon.11/10/21 – Fri.15/10/21
- Two Weeks for Examinations in Faculties of Education, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Technology, Law, Agriculture, Renewable Natural Resources, Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Basic Medical Sciences, Public Health › – Mon.18/10/21 – Fri.29/10/21
- Two Weeks for Examinations in Other Faculties › +Mon 1/11/21.– Fri.12/11/21
- Two Weeks for Processing of Results › Mon.15/11/21– Fri.26/11/21
- Two Weeks for Meetings of Faculty Boards of Examiners (Final and Non-Final Year Results) › Mon.29/11/21 – Fri.10/12/21
- Senate Meetings for the Consideration of Final and Non-Final Year Results › Tues.21/12/21 & Wed.22/12/21
- Two Weeks for End of Session Break › Wed.23/12/21– Fri.07/01/22
In approving the Calendar, Senate noted the prevailing circumstances occasioned by the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to comply with the protocols established for the control of the spread of the pandemic. It, therefore, agreed that 2020/2021 First Semester lectures will be delivered online. In this regard, students will not be accommodated on campus.
Senate also approved the cancellation of the 2019/2020 session. The next session is, therefore, renamed 2020/2021Academic Session. Consequently, students who have been admitted for the 2019/2020 session will now be regarded as the 2020/2021 intakes.
Kindly note that the online opening of the Registration Portal and Orientation Programme for the 2020/2021 intakes may commence ahead of the Sat 20/02/21 date indicated above.