Latest: UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission into Africa Centre of Excellence in Public Health and Toxicological Research (ACEPUTOR) Programme, 2019/2020
- Latest: UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission into Africa Centre of Excellence in Public Health and Toxicological Research (ACEPUTOR) Programme, 2019/2020
- Admission Requirements and Duration:
- How to Apply
- Earlier: UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Form for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- UNIPORT Postgraduate Programmes and Specific Requirements
- General UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Requirements and Duration
- How to Apply for UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission
- Earlier: UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission in Public Health for 2018/2019 Session
- Earlier: UNIPORT M.Sc Programme in Security and Intelligence Studies Admission
- UNIPORT Centre for Medical Research and Training PGD Medical Education Admission
- UNIPORT Centre for Marine Pollution Monitoring and Seafood Safety (CMPMSS) Admission Form, 2018/2019
- UNIPORT Claude Ake School of Government Executive Master in Public Administration Admission, 2018/2019
- UNIPORT M.Sc. Information and Telecommunication Engineering Admission, 2018/2019
- UNIPORT IIPELP Graduate Programme Admission Form 2018/2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Post Graduate Programmes of the African Centre of Excellence for Public Health and Toxicological Research, University of Port Harcourt:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programmes:
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Nutritional Biochemistry/Toxicology
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Midwifery and Child Health Nursing
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Fertility Nursing
Admission Requirements and Duration:
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) IN FERTILITY NURSING:
- Applicants shall be required to have a good University Degree in Nursing Science and licenced as a Nurse/Midwife.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MIDWIFERY AND CHILD HEALTH NURSING:
Candidates are required to possess:
- Bachelor of Nursing Science with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and above.
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and above
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD) PROGRAMME:
Eligible candidates for these competitive programme would have:
- Completed an M.Sc Degree in appropriate majors, with a CGPA of 4.00 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates with Master’s Degrees in Food Science/Technology, Food Microbiology and other related courses can apply for the PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry/Toxicology.
In addition to the above requirements, all candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt which includes a Credit in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Full-time – 12 months
- Part-time – 24 months
- Full-time – 12 months
- Part-time – 24 months
- Full-time – 36 months
- Part-time – 60 months
How to Apply
Details of the method of application for all programmes can be obtained from the admission section of the website: http://www.aceputoruniport.edu.ng.
Completed Forms, reference letters, statement of purpose and official transcript shall be submitted with a non-refundable application fee of N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only) before the 13th of March 2020 to be paid to Africa Centre of Excellence for Public Health and Toxicological Research (PUTOR) ACCT NO. 01528451760 U&C Microfinance Bank, Sterling Bank 0062729991 or Fidelity Bank 5080064844 account name: U&C Microfinance, Remember to indicate the Centre name on the bank teller, UBA Bank ACCT No. 1021919359 account name: School of Public Health 2.
Further details of the method of application for these programmes can be obtained from Africa Centre of Excellence for Public Health and Toxicological Research, at TetFund Building, opposite Senate Building, University Park.
Tel: +234(0)8136592033, +234(0)8129429447+234(0)8169608125
Website: http://www.aceputoruniport.org, aceputoruniport.edu.ng
Office Address: TetFund Building, opposite Senate Building, University Park
Earlier: UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Form for 2019/2020 Academic Session
UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Invitation: University of Port-harcourt (UNIPORT) admission into postgraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 session has been announced. See how to apply below. The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
UNIPORT Postgraduate Programmes and Specific Requirements
See the attached PDF below to access UNIPORT postgraduate programmes and specific requirement for each course.
General UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Requirements and Duration
DURATION OF GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- The Programme is to run on a Full-Time basis to last for a minimum of 12 calendar months and maximum of 24 calendar months and two consecutive long vacation of eight (8) weeks each for sandwich programme.
- MBA Programme
- Full-Time: Minimum of 24 Calendar Months and Maximum of 36 Calendar Months
- MD and MS Programmes
- The Programmes will last for at least 24 Calendar Months.
- Ph.D Programmes
- Full-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 24 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months.
- Part-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 84 calendar months.
- DBA Programme
- Full-time candidates shall be required to spend a minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years from the date of first registration.
- Part-time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates must possess a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other O/Level requirements as specified by each Department/ Faculty.
ALL PGP PROGRAMMES:
The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a Bachelor’s Degree in the related disciplines. Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree of the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University, in the relevant course with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent. Candidates for the Master’s in Education must have obtained a first Degree in another field and in addition a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDF) with at least an Upper Credit classification. Candidates for the MBA Programme must possess a strong quantitative background. Candidates with PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50 to register for Master’s Degree in the relevant field.
Generally, for the Ph.D Programmes, candidates should have a Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00 depending on the Department or its equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Master’s level. Admission will be based on interview performance. Ph.D involves course work and qualifying examination.
- Candidates must either be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) of the University of Port Harcourt for not less than five (5) years or confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with Medical Degree of recognized University.
- In addition to the above, candidates must possess either a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level or at least an M.Sc Degree of a recognized University, after the MBBS Degree
How to Apply for UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission
Application Fee of Fourteen Thousand Naira (N14.000.00) should be paid online at any of the following Banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank and Sterling Bank.
It is mandatory for every candidate to pay the sum of Six Thousand Naira (N6.000.00) for Prospectus.
Candidates should also visit www.sgs.uniportdatacenter.net/portal/application to download the Application Forms after payment.
Please note that payment for Application Form does not guarantee admission and the application fee is non-refundable.
ENCLOSURES TO ACCOMPANY THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Please enclose two copies of the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name where applicable
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Form
For Further inquiries about 2019/2020 UNIPORT postgraduate admission, please contact the following between 9.00 a.m and 4.00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
THE GRADUATE STUDIES OFFICER SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES – 07059243946 UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT P. M. B. 5323, PORT HARCOURT. OR UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT LIAISON OFFICE NO. 6 HARARE STREET WUSE ZONE 6 – 08037086089 ABUJA. OR UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT LAGOS LIAISON OFFICE 23 BUSH STREET, OKUPE ESTATE, – 08023415448 MENDE, MARYLAND, LAGOS.
Completed Application Forms with all necessary enclosures must be returned to the Office of the Graduate Studies Officer, not later than Thursday, October 31, 2019.
Earlier: UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission in Public Health for 2018/2019 Session
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Post Graduate Programmes of the School of Public Health, University of Port Harcourt:
- PhD in Epidemiology, Health Systems Management and Population/Reproductive Health options
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems Management and Population/Reproductive Health
- Postgraduate Diplomas (PGD) in Public Health
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD):
- Applicants shall be required to have a good University degree, HND with a minimum of Upper Credit. Holders of Community Health Officers (CHO) certificate with Upper Credits can apply for the PGD in Public Health.
- Candidates require a minimum of first Degree in Medicine or Basic Medical Sciences, Pharmacy, Nursing and other courses allied to medicine, with at least CGPAof 3.00 and above on a 5-point scale or its equivalent. Holders of Post-graduate Diploma (PGD) in Public Health with a CGPA of 3.00 are also eligible.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PHD) PROGRAMME:
- Eligible candidates for these competitive programmes would have completed an Msc degree in appropriate majors, with a CGPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale.
DOCTOR OF PUBLIC HEALTH (DRPH) PROGRAMME:
- Candidates admitted into the DrPH programme should have either master or doctoral degree in a subject appropriate to the course of study; or Membership (Part 1) Fellowship in Public Health from the National Post graduate Medical College of Nigeria, or its equivalent Additionally, all DrPH candidates MUST have a minimum of five years post-NYSC experience in a Public Health position.
- In addition to the above requirements, all candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
- PGD: Full time 12 months; Part-time 24 months
- Masters: Full-time 12 months; Part-time 24 months
- Doctoral: Full-time 36 months; Part-time 60 months
Method of Instruction
- The curriculum is flexible, modular, intensive and premised on developing the knowledge, skills and competences of students from diverse academic backgrounds to becoming industry ready professionals.
- Both e-learning and classroom modes of teaching/learning are available with strong emphasis on competency-based learning, self-directed learning, blended learning and application of a range of technology-based educational applications that enhance pedagogical effectiveness.
- Lectures are delivered by renowned faculties from the University of Port Harcourt and other Universities, industry/sector experts from Nigeria and Abroad. The UniPort is an entrepreneurial University and all programmes are designed with periods of internship to enhance the production of industry/sector-ready professionals.
- Students are provided multi-disciplinary and highly motivated team of local and international Supervisors as well as other logistical supports to ensure that their thesis are completed in record time.
- Innovations, patents and commercialisation of research outputs are also strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
Hard copies of the application document can also be obtained from the Students’ enrolment officer of PUTOR (Rosannah 07035033658) or Administrative Secretary of SPH (Mrs Akpoghomeh M.I. 07039118320) both at the ground floor, left wing at Ofirima Building University Park or from Benedicta (08120336477) at the Africa Centre for Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals (ACE-CEFOR), Emerald Energy Building Complex, along East-West Road, University of Port Harcourt.
Completed forms, reference letters, statement of purpose should be submitted with a non-refun dable application fee of N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only) to be paid at school of Public Health account, United Bank for Africa (UB A) 1021823887 (naira account) 300264449 (Dollar account), scan and e-mail the Application form, Reference Letters, Statement of Purpose and Evidence of Payment of the Application fee to the School’s e-mail address, before the 8th of May 2019. Selected candidates would be invited for oral and/or aptitude tests before admission is finalised.
CONTACTS: Tel: +234(0)8104178141; +234(0)828921643 Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earlier: UNIPORT M.Sc Programme in Security and Intelligence Studies Admission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Master of Science (M.Sc) Programme in Security and Intelligence Studies of the University of Port Harcourt for the 2018/2019 academic session.
INTRODUCTION: The Institute of Niger of Niger Delta was established in June 2011 to train and produce a crop of people who are equipped with analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills in security issues, with a view to enhance their employability and professional career development to meet today’s industrial and social needs in the global community.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES: The Institute is aimed at producing world class professionals in Security and Intelligence. To inculcate in students the ability to critically examine the nature, extent and effects of security problems in the Niger Delta and the global society. To conduct training in national Security and Intelligence for the Police, Military, corporate security outfits and the Intelligence Community.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT: The M.Sc. programme in Security and Intelligence Studies is open to candidates with at least a Second Class Honours Degree in any Discipline and a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5.00 point scale.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: The M.Sc. programme is a full-time programme that will last for 12 calendar months.
How to Apply for UNIPORT M.Sc Programme in Security and Intelligence Studies Admission
The cost of Application Form is
N25,000.00 and it is non-refundable. All payments should be made to the following bank details: Fidelity Bank, Account Name: U&C Microfinance, Account Number: 5080064844.
The sale of Application Form shall end on 30th April, 2019. Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Director, Institute of Niger Delta Studies, University of Port Harcourt. On or before 7th May, 2019. Commencement of classes is on 25th June, 2019.
Interested applicants should visit the University of Port Harcourt website: www.uniport.edu.ng for further details filling and submission of Forms.
ENQUIRIES: For enquiries please call 07035155448 or e-mail email@example.com
UNIPORT Centre for Medical Research and Training PGD Medical Education Admission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) Centre for Medical Research and Training (CENMART) PGD Medical Education programme for the 2018/2019 academic session.
How to Apply for UNIPORT CENMART PGD Medical Education Admission
- Pay the sum of #20,000(Twenty thousand naira only) in U&C Microfinance Bank (Account Number 015284480)
- Download the following forms:
- Submit completed Forms as in (2) above to CENMERT Office attaching the following documents:
- West African Examination Council Certificate(WAEC) and/or General Certificate of Education(GCE), O’ Level Certificates.
- First Degree Certificate(s)
- National Youth Service Corps(NYSC) Discharge Certificate or due Exemption Certificate
- Teller for Payment of Application Fee
- Apply for, follow up and cause Transcript to be sent to CENMERT WITH THE TRANSCRIPT LABEL through the CENMERT Administrator.
- Await receipt of Offer of Admission after admission processes which may include interview.
- If you are admitted, pay Acceptance Fee of #10,000(Ten thousand naira only) in U& C Microfinance Bank (account number 015284480)
- Collect Admission Letter from CENMERT Office on Submission of teller for payment of Acceptance Fees.
- Register and Collect Registration Pack after payment of School fees.
For further inquiry contact the Centre Administrator, 08092085222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the Centre Office within the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), Opposite Accident and Emergency block, near the MTN Mast.
UNIPORT Centre for Marine Pollution Monitoring and Seafood Safety (CMPMSS) Admission Form, 2018/2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) and the Master of Science (M.Sc) Programmes of the Centre for Marine Pollution Monitoring and Seafood safety (CMPMSS) for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
The National Centre for Marine Pollution Monitoring was established at the University of Port Harcourt in April 2009 for the implementation of the International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA Technical Cooperation projects on the Environment with the emphasis on marine pollution monitoring. The projects are jointly supported by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The Centre’s operation includes; Research, pollution and seafood safety monitoring, capacity development and information dissemination. Its programmes are centered on the conservation, protection and management of our aquatic resources
The Programmes are based on the philosophy of training graduates with the knowledge on scientific principles that underpin 20thcentury environmental pollution issues. There has been a growing concern for many years over the impact of environmental pollution. Therefore, the programmes; M.Sc. and PGD in Environmental Pollution Studies aim to be ranked among the best environmental investigation, research innovation and knowledge transfer Centre in Africa. Emphasis will be based on offering standards that would enable graduates to build further upon their knowledge, skills and contribute to national development, self-reliance or entrepreneurship as well as propagation of knowledge in the field of environmental pollution studies. The Programmes will offer sound training with relevant practical exposure that will enable students to develop skills which will significantly improve intellectual capacity and critical reasoning required in every facet of the environment to address pollution issues.
- Post- Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Environmental Pollution Studies
Candidate must possess 5 credits in relevant subjects (Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry or Physics and one other subject) at ordinary level School Certificate, in addition to B.Sc in Fisheries, Biochemistry, Crop and Soil Science, Animal and Environmental Biology, Microbiology and Chemistry, obtained from institutions recognized by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt. The degree should not be less than Third Class with a CGPA of 2.00 on a 5-point scale.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Environmental Pollution Studies
Candidates must possess 5 credits in relevant subjects (Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry or Physics and one other subject) in addition to B.Sc in Fisheries, Crop and Soil Science, Biochemistry, Animal and Environmental Biology, Microbiology and Chemistry or in any other relevant course obtained from institutions recognized by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt. The degree should not be less than Second Class Honours or equivalent level with a CGPA of 3.00.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME:
The minimum and maximum length of time for a full-time PGD and M.Sc. Degree candidates are 12months and 24months respectively. In certain exceptional instances arrangement for Part-Time may be considered.
STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMME:
The programme structure is modular for each course highlighted below. Each module is taught alongside with continuous assessment, intensive practical and examination. In addition to course work, there are group projects; field trips to relevant sites to obtain practical experience and conduct research.
AWARD OF DEGREE:
Successful students at the end of the programme shall be awarded PGD or M.Sc. Degree in Environmental Pollution, applicable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application Forms can be obtained online at www.cmpmss.uniport.edu.ng. on payment of a non-fundable application fee of twenty-five thousand Naira (
N25,000.00) for applicants within Nigeria and USD200 for overseas applicants. Payment can be made directly into
CMPMSS Account: UBA Account Number: 1021589727 (Naira) UBA Account Number: 3002580408 (USD).
Deadline for submission of Application Form is February 15, 2018
UNIPORT Claude Ake School of Government Executive Master in Public Administration Admission, 2018/2019
The Claude Ake School of Government is established by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt. It aims to be a centre of excellence both in the training and retraining of manpower for the public service, in promoting research and scholarship that will contribute positively in improving the quality of governance in the society as well as in raising public consciousness that will press public institution to be more responsive and accountable.
The school is now receiving application for the Executive Master in Public ADMINISTRATION Executive (MPA) degree programme. The Executive MPA provides an advanced and specialized course in public Administration and Management. It is aimed at improving administration and analytical skills of mind career officers in the private and public sectors, who have had several years of practical experience, so that they easily reach the higher levels in administration and management.
The programme has been designed as an executive, hands -on and problem-solving.
It will emphasize case studies and deal with the daily challenges that administrators face at work. On completion of the executive MPA degree programme participants would have.
- Acquired the analytical skills to qualify for promotion into the highest echelons of administration in both the public and private sector.
- Gained the skills and orientation required of policy advisers and planners.
- Acquired critical knowledge of the politics and economy of the country.
- Vastly improved their writing and presentation skills.
- Any applicant for admission to the Executive MPA degree course shall be any graduate of a university approved by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt.
- The applicant’s first degree shall be at least a Second Class Honours Lower Division, with a CGPA of not less that 3.0 on a scale of 5, or 5.0 on a scale of 7. However, candidates with third class or pass degree classifications, or those degree are not normally classified, may be considered, provided such candidates have been in relevant employment for not less five (5) years for those with third class or seven (7) years for those with pass degree, from thedate of then- graduation.
The duration of the Executive M. P. A. programme is twelve (12) calendar months, consisting of two semesters and field research/report writing and presentation period.
UNIPORT Executive MPA Admission Method of Application
- Payment of application fee of 35,000(Thirty Five Thousand Naira Only) at First Bank Pic. Account Name: Claude Ake School of Government Account Number: 2031584609
- Pick up the Application Forms with Evidence of payment from the Administration Officer/secretary CASG, 14 William Jumbo St, Old GRA PHC.
- Return completed application form with credentials to same address
- Oral interview holds on a date to be communicated to applicants
SPONSORSHIP: Candidates are encouraged to seek sponsorship from employers Corporate bodies.
UNIPORT M.Sc. Information and Telecommunication Engineering Admission, 2018/2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Master of Science (M.Sc) and Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes respectively in Peace and Conflict Studies, and Gender Studies of the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
The Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE) is designed to be a specialized Information and Communication Technology Centre (ICT) poised to bridging the University –Industry Gap through result-oriented teaching, practical hands-on based training and problem-solving innovative Research. The Centre offers a conducive learning environment with ICT facilities. Students use industry software, case studies and undertake numerous industrial field visits to live telephone networks. The aim of this professional Master’s Degree programme is to provide graduates in engineering and physical sciences with broad based training required by ICT and Telecommunications companies.
Uniqueness of the Masters’ Programme:
i. Award of M.Sc. Degree; and provision of opportunities for obtaining two-ICT Professional Certifications
ii. Partnership between University of Port Harcourt (Nigeria) and Alcatel-Lucent
Alcatel-Lucent is a leading Telecommunications equipment Vendor and Technologies implementer. Alcatel-Lucent is the major equipment Supplier to most of the Nigerian Telecom Service Operators.
iii. Joint lecture delivery by Professional Experts from the ICT Industries: Alcatel-Lucent, MTN, Glo, Etisalat, Airtel, Ericsson, Huawei, ZTE, Nokia and specialist lecturers from Universities within and outside Nigeria;
iv. Exposure to real life industrial telecom equipment and Workstations;
v. Provides Job Opportunities as human resource centre
a) Full-Time Programme: It is designed to run for 12 calendar months with intensive training;
b) Weekend- Programme: It is designed to run for 100 weekends (Friday Afternoon; and Saturday, all day).
Please Note : This Weekend programme is specially designed for full-time industry professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge
Award of Degree : Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Professional Certification : Students will be presented with the opportunity to sit for two professional ICT certifications: Alcatel-Lucent NRS1 Telecom Certification & CCNA
Admission Requirements : A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 on a scale of 5.00 in any of the Engineering Fields, Computer Science, Mathematics/ Statistics, Physics, Physics- Electronic or any other related field .
Please note : Candidates with a CGPA of at least 3.00 on a scale of 5.00 with at least two years of relevant experience would also be considered.
Application Forms : Application Forms are available at the Centre for Information & Telecommunication Engineering [CITE], 2nd Floor, School of Basic Studies Building, University of Port Harcourt . Online Application forms from www.citeuniport.com.
Application Fee : A non-refundable application fee of twenty thousand naira (₦20,000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Centre for Information & Telecommunication Engineering [CITE]
Important dates to remember: (Any change will be communicated by e-mail)
*Completed Application Forms must be returned to The Director, CITE on or before Friday, September 17, 2018
*Aptitude Test and Oral Interview to be held at 10 am, Friday, September 28, 2018.
*2018/2019 session begins on December 3, 2018.
*For enquiries, please call +234(0)8037088490, 08175636034, 08134967535. email: email@example.com .
Signed: MRS. DORCAS D. OTTO REGISTRAR
UNIPORT IIPELP Graduate Programme Admission Form 2018/2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Graduate Programmes of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) at the International Institute for Petroleum, Energy Law and Policy (IIPELP).
- PGD Petroleum and Energy Economics
- M. Sc. Petroleum Economics, Management and Policy
- M. Sc. Energy Economics, Management and Policy
The M.Sc. Programme is an interdisciplinary and a collaborative postgraduate programme between the University of Port Harcourt’s Emerald Energy Institute (EEI UNIPORT) and International Institute for Petroleum, Energy Law & Policy (IIPELP). The programme, which is resident at IIPELP, Abuja, is approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
The International Institute for Petroleum, Energy Law and Policy (IIPELP) was established in 2007 to proffer solutions to the current gaps that exist in knowledge, institutional development, governance, legal and regulatory framework for the Energy Industry in Nigeria and Africa.
The aim of the programme is to equip, empower and engage energy professionals through academic excellence, research & policy analysis, and professional & staff development in petroleum, energy economics, management & policy. IIPELP offers a conducive learning environment, enabled with full internet access, virtual library with full hands-on training for its programme.
Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Management Sciences and Engineering. A Second Class Honours (Upper Division) is required. However, consideration shall be given to candidates with Second Class Honours (Lower Division) with minimum Grade Point Average of 3.00 with at least three (3) years working experience in the energy industry. Candidates who fail to meet the above admission requirements may be considered for the Post Graduate Diploma option.
Option A: The Professional Master’s programme takes twelve (12) calendar months of intensive, flexible and modular study plus project report.
Option B: The M.Sc. programme takes 6 quarters of full-time intensive study or 8 quarters of modular intensive study plus a defended and passed dissertation.
Post Graduate Diploma Programme (PGD): The duration of the PGD programme shall be 12 months of full time, modular, intensive study. Industry/company workers can equally attend modular/sandwich programme. This programme has the option leading into a master’s programme upon successful completion by interested students.
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
The curriculum is flexible and intensive. It is delivered in modules by University Faculty and industry experts from Nigeria and abroad. On completion of this programme, the graduates would amongst others, have acquired skills that are relevant for careers in petroleum and energy industries; in government ministries, departments and parastatals that are responsible for managing petroleum and energy resources; banking/financial institutions, energy and petroleum policy consulting units, and the academia.
AWARD OF DEGREE
Students who successfully complete this programme shall be awarded M.Sc. Degree by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt and a Professional Membership Certificate from IIPELP.
A non-refundable application fee of twenty- five thousand naira (N25,000.00) in certified bank draft or bank transfer should be made payable to:
Zenith Bank Pic Name: IIPELP LTD/GTE Account Number: 1014586937
Application Forms can be downloaded online at www.iipelp.org. Completed Forms could be scanned and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, however, hard copies of the Form must be submitted to the Director of Academic Studies, IIPELP, 4th Floor, Toyota-Elizade House, Central Business District, Abuja.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Deadline for submission of Application Forms – 31st July, 2018
- Shortlisted candidates for screening will be on the IIPELP Academy website – August, 2018
- Screening/Interview date- To be communicated
- The programme is scheduled to commence in September 2018.