UNIPORT-PTI Post-HND and MSc. Admission Form
- UNIPORT-PTI Post-HND and MSc. Admission Form
- UNIPORT Post-HND Bachelor of Engineering Admission Details
The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), in collaboration with the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Effurun, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Post-Higher National Diploma (Post-HND) Programme and Master’s Degree Programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Objective: The programmes are aimed at upgrading and strengthening the academic background of holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) and Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering disciplines, so as to enhance their managerial skills, engineering competence and efficiency in their jobs, as well as ensure an improved industrial productivity.
UNIPORT-PTI Post HND and MSc. Available Programmes:
Post-HND Programme (Full-Time Weekend)
The Post-HND Programme will lead to the award of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, (B.Eng) in any of the following:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Gas Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Master of Science Programme (Full-Time/Part-Time)
- Master of Science Programme in Information and Telecommunication Engineering (M.Sc).
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) credit level passes at the Ordinary Level in not more than two sittings, in the SSCE/NECO/WASSE/GCE (or its equivalent) which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other Science Subject (from Biology, Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing, or Further Mathematics; in addition to possessing HND with a minimum of Lower Credit pass in any of the Disciplines stated above, from a recognized Institution.
Master of Science Programme (M.Sc):
- Applicants must possess in not more than two sittings, a minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level Credit passes in not more than two sittings in the SSCE/NECO/WAEC/GCE or its equivalent, which must include English Language and Mathematics in addition to a
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in any of the Engineering fields, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Physics-Electronics or any other related field.
- Applicants with Second Class (Lower Division) from the above mentioned fields with at least two years of relevant experience would also be considered.
Duration of the Programme
- The Post-HND Programme is full-time weekend programme (Friday – Saturday, all day). The duration is a minimum of three academic sessions.
Master of Science Programme (M.Sc):
- The Master’s Programme would be run under two modes, viz:
- Full-Time Programme Mode: The programme would run for a period of 12 calendar months (46 to 69 weeks), Monday to Friday, 8 hours daily.
- Part-Time Programme Mode: The Part-Time Programme would run for a period of 60 weekends (Friday evening and Saturday all day).
UNIPORT-PTI Post HND & MSc. Admission Application Guidelines:
Applicants should log on to PTI Portal: www.pti.edu.ng and follow the outlined procedure. Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable fee of N20,000 for each Application Form.
- Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable fee of N20,000 for each Application Form.
- On the application portal home page, click on Sign Up Here to register as first time user.
- On the sign up page, Choose Your Programme, Enter your Surname, Other names, Email, Phone Number and your User Name and Password (Note: Email is important for you to receive notifications from the school) Click on “Click here to Signup” button
- This will take you to the Remita page where you generate the RRR code
- Print the Remita RRR code page and take it to any bank for payment. Make sure you keep the Remita RRR print out
- Return to the PTI web site( www.pti.edu.ng) and click on ” RETURN TO MY APPLICATION
- On the login page, enter your user name and the password you used to sign-up above and click on the login button. This would transfer you to Applicant Control Center.
- From the Applicant Control Center, move your mouse on Upload Passport. Browse to your passport location, select and click upload. (Passport should not be more than 150kb and only .gif, .png and .jpg file formats are allowed)
- After your passport upload is successful, click Apply for Admission Here or click Fill Application Form. A copy of Electronic Registration Form will appear with preloaded surname, other names and prospective courses.
- Update your bio-data accordingly, most especially Name, Date of Birth, Local Government and State.
- Fill the Application form; enter your entry qualification exam name, center number, exam center, subjects and grades. Choose your first choice course and Second Choice and third choice.
- Click “I Agree” button 14. Then click on “Click here to Apply” button
- From the print window that appears, click on Print My Application Form link to get a printed copy of the form for appropriate signature
- Go Back To the Applicant Control Centre and print Exam Card from the top left button with the name “Print Exam Card”
- You can always login back to the portal to check your admission status and other vital information
For further enquiry, call: 08037234529, 08039768902 or 08035954165
31st December, 2018.
UNIPORT Post-HND Bachelor of Engineering Admission Details
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for admission into the POST-HND Programme of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Port Harcourt for the 2018/2019 session.
The Programme is aimed at upgrading and strengthening the academic background of holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering Discipline, so as to improve their managerial skills and engineering competence and efficiency on their job, as well as ensure their enhanced industrial productivity.
The Programme leads to the award of Bachelor of Engineering [B.ENG] Degree in any of the following Engineering fields:
(i). Chemical Engineering
(ii). Civil Engineering
(iii). Electrical/Electronic Engineering
(iv). Mechanical Engineering
(v). Petroleum Engineering
Applicants must possess the following requirements in order to qualify for admission into the Programme.
(a). A minimum pass level of LOWER CREDIT at the HND [in any of the Disciplines stated above].
(b). Credit level passes at the O/Level in the SSCE/NECO/WASC/GCE (or its equivalent) in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and any other science subject [ from Biology, Agricultural science, Technical Drawing or Further Mathematics].
DURATION OF PROGRAMME:
The minimum duration of the Programme is three academic calendar years. A calendar year in this sense consists of three terms of evening and weekend classes.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application Forms are to be obtained from the Post-HND Office, Choba Park, University of Port Harcourt, on the payment of a non-refundable fee of Twelve Thousand naira only (#12,000.00) in any of the following Banks: First Bank PLC and UNIPORT-Choba Micro-Finance Bank.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED FORMS:
Completed Application Forms, together with two (2) passport-sized photographs of the Applicant and the original copy of receipt of payment for the Application Form should be returned to,
The Coordinator, Post-HND Unit,
Choba Park, University of Port Harcourt.
The sale of Forms will close on 31st January, 2019.