UNILAG part-time admission form is currently available. The University of Lagos (UNILAG) Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) is currently selling the forms for admission into its Part-time Degree Programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
UNILAG Part-Time Degree Admission Invitation, 2020/2021
- UNILAG Part-Time Degree Admission Invitation, 2020/2021
- UNILAG Institute of Continuing Education Available Programmes and Courses
- UNILAG Part Time / ICE Admission Entry Requirements
- How to Apply for the 2020/2021 UNILAG Part-Time Admission
This is to announce to the general public that the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) 2020/2021 academic session admission exercise is on.
The Institute of Continuing Education in collaboration with the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into it various programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
UNILAG Institute of Continuing Education Available Programmes and Courses
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Creative Arts (Theatre Arts, Music and Visual Arts)
- Religious Studies (CRS AND ISS)
- European Languages & Integration Studies (French and Russian)
- History and Strategic Studies
- Linguistic, African and Asian Studies (Igbo and Yoruba)
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Actuarial Science
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Mass Communication
- Social Work
UNILAG Part Time / ICE Admission Entry Requirements
DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAMMES IN THE FACULTY OF ARTS
A. CREATIVE ARTS: 5 ’O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, Literature and two other subjects.
B. EUROPEAN LANGUAGES & INTEGRATION STUDIES: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics and three Arts subjects.
C. ENGLISH: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, Literature, one Arts subject and one Arts or Social Science subject.
D. HISTORY & STRATEGIC STUDIES: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, History or Government, one Arts and any other subject.
E. LINGUISTICS, AFRICAN & ASIAN STUDIES: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, Yoruba/Igbo and two other subjects.
F. PHILOSOPHY: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, one Arts (Government is regarded as an Arts subject) and two other subjects.
The following Arts Subjects are acceptable: History, Literature, French, CRS/IRS, Civic Education and any Nigerian Language.
DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAMMES IN THE FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
A. MASS COMMUNICATION
- 5 Year Programme Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English and two (2) other subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
- 4 Year Programme Diploma in Mass Communication from the University of Lagos or other accredited Universities recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and above on a 5 point scale. Candidates must also fulfill the ‘O’ Level requirements in paragraph 3.
- 3 Year Programme HND in Mass Communication from accredited Polytechnics and Monotechnics with a minimum of lower credit and 2- years Post HND experience. Candidates must be registered members of relevant Regulatory Agencies and or Professional Bodies such as APCON, NIPR, NUJ, etc and must satisfy the’O’ Level requirements in paragraph 3.
- 5 Year Programme Five ‘O’ Level credits in English Language, Mathematics, and in two subjects such as Economics, Government, Civic Education/Social Studies or Geography and one Arts subject such as Literature-in-English, CRS/IRK, Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa or History at not more than two sittings.
- 4 Year Programme Diploma in Social Development and Administration (SDA) from the University of Lagos or Foundation Programme of the University of Lagos, or Diploma from other accredited Universities recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 1.5 and above. Candidates must fulfilled the ‘O’ Level requirements in paragraph 3.
C. SOCIAL WORK
The requirements for this programme are the same for the B.Sc Sociology.
How to Apply for the 2020/2021 UNILAG Part-Time Admission
The application is in two stages:
Log on to JAMB CAP website and register.
Pay a sum of
N3, 500 to enable you obtain a JAMB registration number
Step 1: log on to UNILAG application portal http://applications.unilag.edu.ng
Step 2: Click “Start Fresh Application”
Step 3: Select ICE as application type, then provide your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, JAMB Registration Number, Mobile Phone Number and E-mail Address.
Step 4: Click the “Pay now” to pay online, the processing fee of
N11, 500 (Eleven Thousand Five Hundred Naira only OR Print the payment advice with Remita Number to make payment at any Bank within the University of Lagos.
Step 5: Return to the application portal (http://applications.unilag.edu.ng) after payment, click “continue application” enter your payment reference number and your surname in lower case as password.
Step 6: Complete all required details and upload necessary documents.
Step 7: Complete the application form, submit online and print two copies. (Candidates can save their application form for later editing)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS AND ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
Completed application forms should be submitted online and a hard copy of the completed forms in colour print should be submitted to the Faculties of Arts Programme Office Room 634, Management Sciences in the Departments of Actuarial Science and Insurance and Social Sciences in the Departments of Mass Communication, Social Work and Sociology Offices.
Examinations for these programmes which will be in English Language, Mathematics and General Paper are as scheduled below:
|FACULTY/PROGRAMME||VENUE||DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM||EXAMINATION DATE|
|FACULTY OF ARTS Creative ArtsReligious StudiesEnglish European Languages & Integrated Studies History & Strategic StudiesLinguistic, African and Asian StudiesPhilosophy||Arts Block, Room 402||Wednesday, 30th September, 2020||Friday 2nd October, 2020|
|FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES Actuarial ScienceInsurance||Wednesday, 30th September, 2020||Friday 2nd October, 2020|
|FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES Mass CommunicationSociologySocial Work||Afe Babalola Auditorium||Wednesday, 30th September, 2020||Friday 2nd October, 2020|
a. Candidates are expected at the examination hall by 9:00am with the colour print of their Application Forms.
b. Provisional Admission Letters would be ready for collection two weeks after the entrance examination.
For further information, please call any of the following telephone numbers:
07030192744, 08033326802 08168686636, 08062468854, 08023388817, 08023312247, 08068918535, 08033047973, 08068918535, 08033486140
Oladejo Azeez. Esq.
Registrar and Secretary to Council