UNILAG 2015/2016 Institute of Continuing Education Admission Form
The UNILAG Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) Admission Form for 2015/2016 is now available as has been announced by the school authorities. The entrance examination schedule has also been released. Interested members of the public are hereby notified.
The University of Lagos Institute of Continuing Education in collaboration with the Faculties of Arts, and Education and Social Sciences of same institution hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into the programmes run by the various departments in the under listed Faculties:
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Bachelor of Arts B.A.(Hons.), four (4) and five (5) years degree programmes (Evening).
- Creative Arts (Theatre Arts/ Music/Visual Arts)
- European Languages (French/Russian)
- History and Strategic Studies
- Linguistics, African and Asian Studies (Igbo/Yoruba)
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
SANDWICHB.A. (Ed.) and B.Sc. (Ed.) degree programmes (Holiday Contact only) in:
- Adult Education
- Educational Administration
- Educational Foundations (Guidance and Counselling )
- Human Kinetics and Health Education:-
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Health Education (for Health Professionals)
ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION
- Education English
- Education French
- Education Geography
- Education Economics
- Education Business
- Education History
- Education Igbo
- Education Yoruba
- Education Christian Religious Studies
- Education Islamic Religious Studies
- Early Childhood Education
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- Education Mathematics
- Education Physics
- Education Chemistry
- Education Biology
- Education Integrated Science
- Technology Education
- Education Home Economics
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Sc. Mass Communication, four (4) and five (5) years degree programme (Evening)
(A) FACULTY OF ARTS
To be eligible, an applicant is required to have at least one of the following qualifications:-
- WASC/SSCE/NECO or equivalent with credits in at least five subjects including English Language and Mathematics passed at one sitting;
- GCE (‘0’ Level) or equivalent with credits in at least five subjects including English Language and Mathematics passed at one sitting;
- GCE (‘A’ Level) or Cambridge Examination or equivalent with principal passes in at least two relevant subjects;
- A first degree of the University of Lagos or any other comparable institutionapproved by Senate;
- University of Lagos Foundation Programme Diploma with a minimum of 2.50 CGPA; for a Direct Entry
- In addition, candidates must not be less than 21 years of age;
- Credit pass in at least one (1) Arts subject.
FACULTY/DEPARTMENTS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
|Creative Arts||Must have credit passes in either Literature, Fine Arts or Music at the Ordinary Level depending on theco-hort. Direct Entry Candidates for Music may have a 2-year Diploma from the Musical Society of Nigeria, Associate Diploma from Trinity College, London andNCE (Music) from a Nigerian College of Education. Direct entry candidates for Theatre Arts may have the 2-year Diploma in Theatre Arts.|
|English||Must have credit passes in Literature and at least one other Arts subjects.|
|History and Strategic Studies||Must have credit passes in either History or Government and one Arts subjects at the Ordinary Level.|
|European Languages||Must have credit passes in French/DELF/BEPC. Direct Entry candidates may have, other than GCE A/L., Baccalaureate, Nigerian Certificate of Education DAF/DS, UNILAG Diploma in French or Nigerian French Language Village Diploma in French, GCE O/L Literature is required for Russian as well as two other subjects in Arts and Social Sciences.|
|Philosophy||Must have credit pass in one Arts subject; Government is regarded as Arts subject|
|Linguistics, African and Asian Studies||Must have credit passes in two Arts subjects, one of which must be Igbo or Yoruba, depending on the programme|
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The duration of the courses are four (4) and five (5) years, depending on entry qualifications.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION (SANDWICH PROGRAMME)
- Apart from the requirement of five credits including Mathematics and English Language, obtainedat not more than two sittings, the other subjects accepted for a B.A.(Ed) Degree in Adult Education, Educational Administration and Guidance and Counselling are as follows: Literature in English, History, French, Igbo, Geography, Yoruba, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, Mathematics, Economics Government, Commerce, Home Economics. Other qualifications accepted for the Sandwich Programmed include:
- Nigerian Certificate of Education (NCE)
- Diploma from at least a two-year study from a recognized University.
- General Nursing and Midwifery Certificate, Public Health Nursing Certificate, Diploma in Public Nursing Certificate, General Nursing Certificate.
- For Non-NCE holders: PSE Certificate of the former Institute of Education, University of Lagos, (not below Lower Credit) with at least 5 Credits in GCE O/L including English Language and Mathematics.
B.Sc. HEALTH EDUCATION
Applicants for this programme should possess at least one of the following
- General Nursing and Midwifery Certificate
- Public Health Nursing Certificate
- Diploma in Public Health Nursing Certificate
Such applicants must have not less than five papers at credit level, including English and Mathematics at two sittings.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Admission is open to:
- Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent qualification with at least Credit Passes in five Subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and any other three Arts/Social Sciences/Science Subject obtained at not more than two sittings.
- NCE Certificate holders.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
- 4 years duration for holders of Nursing Certificate
- 5 years duration for NCE holders (or its equivalent)
- 6 years duration for holders of SSCE, GCE O/L or equivalent qualifications.
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (MASS COMMUNICATION)
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must possess one of the following qualifications.
The 5-year programme:
(a) Five credits at SSCE/NECO/GCE (O/L), including English Language, Mathematics and Literature in English, all at one sitting.
The 4-year programme:
(b) Diploma Certificate in Mass Communication from University of Lagos or from other accredited University Mass Communication Programme, recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos, provided the candidate scored a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 5-point scale and above and also fulfilled the requirements in 1(a) above.
Please note that Candidates Awaiting Results are not eligible to apply.
How To Apply
Application forms are obtainable online via University of Lagos website URL.http://www.unilag.edu.ng.using ATM/Cash/Dedicated Teller obtainable on payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifteen thousand, Naira (N15,000.00) paid into any of the under listed Banks and Accounts:
Bank Account Number
Access Bank 0043660391
Guaranty Trust Bank 0149887279
Wema Bank 0122335426
Zenith Bank 1012487645
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS & ENTRANCE EXAM SCHEDULE
Completed application forms should be submitted online to the Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) Secretariat and a hard copy of the completed forms submitted to the respective programmes office (i.e. Department of Choice).
Examinations for these programmes in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledgeare as scheduled below:
|FACULTY/PROGRAMME||VENUE||DEADLINE FORSUBMISSION||EXAMINATION DATE|
|Faculty of Education*Sandwich Programme||Hall *B& C Multipurpose Hall, University of LagosAkoka, Lagos||Friday, 17TH July, 2015 |
|Friday, 24th July, 2015|
|FACULTY OF ARTSCreative Arts ( Theatre Arts/Music/ visual Arts)|
History and Strategic studies
Linguistics. African and Asian Studies(Igbo/Yoruba)
|Halls A Multipurpose HallUniversity of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos||25th September, 2015||2nd October, 2015|
|Faculty of Social Sciences*Mass Communication||AfeBabalola Hall, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos.||25th September, 2015||2nd October, 2015|
- Candidates are expected to come to the examination hall with the print out of their photo card/registration form.
- Provisional Admission Letters would be ready for collection on 7th August, 2015 (for Sandwich) and26th October, 2015 for others.
- The Sandwich Programmes run during the long vacation period.