UNILAG JUPEB Admission Form Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2021/2022 Academic Session. Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, University of Birmingham, (UK) University of Aberdeen, Scotland and Soochow University, China. Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme teaching subjects in line with JUPEB syllabus for admission according to the following subject combination groupings:
UNILAG JUPEB Subject Combinations
S/N SUBJECT COMBINATION DESIGNATION
- CRS/IRS – Music – Visual Arts | SFS01
- CRS/IRS – French – Literature In English | SFS02
- CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature In English | SFS03
- CRS/IRS – History – Literature In English | SFS04
- CRS/IRS – Music – Literature In English | SFS05
- CRS/IRS – History – Igbo/Yoruba | SFS06
- CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Visual Arts | SFS07
- CRS/IRS – History – Visual Arts | SFS08
- CRS/IRS – Government – Visual Arts | SFS09
- CRS/IRS – Government – Music | SFS10
- CRS/IRS – Government – Igbo/Yoruba | SFS11
- CRS/IRS – Economics – Government | SFS12
- CRS/IRS – French – Government | SFS13
- CRS/IRS – Government – History | SFS14
- CRS/IRS – Government – Literature In English | SFS15
- Literature In English – Music – Visual Arts | SFS16
- French – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature In English | SFS17
- Government – Music – Visual Arts | SFS18
- Economics – Government – Literature In English | SFS19
- Government – History – Literature In English | SFS20
- Government – Music – Literature In English | SFS21
- Accounting – Business Studies – Economics | SFS22
- Accounting – Economics – Geography | SFS23
- Accounting – Economics – Government | SFS24
- Business Studies – Economics – Government | SFS25
- Business Studies – Economics – Geography | SFS26
- Economics – Geography – Government | SFS27
- Biology – Chemistry – Physics | SFS28
- Biology – Mathematics – Physics | SFS29
- Biology – Economics – Government | SFS30
- Biology – Economics – Literature In English | SFS31
- Biology – Chemistry – Economics | SFS32
- Chemistry – Physics – Mathematics | SFS33
- Chemistry – Economics – Mathematics | SFS34
- Economics – Mathematics – Physics | SFS35
- Mathematics – Physics – Visual Arts | SFS36
- Mathematics – Economics – Geography | SFS37
- Mathematics – Geography – Physics | SFS38
UNILAG JUPEB ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
- University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, examination malpractice and other anti-social behavior. All admitted students will undergo compulsory medical test.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING THE SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e- APPLICATION FORM:
- Visit the School of Foundation Studies application site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- On the prospective student’s menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies.
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission. Please note that changes have been made on the previous combinations.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the correct applicant’s names as obtained in the birth certificate and other relevant documents.
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
- Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests, excluding Bank Charges) is N25,000.00 (non-refundable).
- Return to the applications site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- Log in with PRN as username and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the application form and print two copies for yourself.
- Examination pass will be available online a week before the examination date. Print a copy and bring to the examination venue.
N.B: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online.
The Application opens on Monday, August 16, 2021 and closes on Friday, October 8, 2021.
Examination Dates: To be Communicated to all Applicants.
- Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Please check the UNILAG Website a week before examination to verify your examination date).
- All Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects according to candidate’s choice of subject combination (15 questions each), making a total of 85 questions to be answered in one (1) hour.
- All candidates are to report at designated venues (according to the schedule on the Examination Pass) two hours before their scheduled Examination time that will be communicated to them.
Results: Results and merit admission will be released on the University website.
University of Lagos has zero-tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, cultism, cybercrime examination malpractice, indecent dressing, and other anti-social behaviour.
Please refer all enquiries to the Director, School of Foundation Studies
+2349093621958; +2348165378747 (Please call during office hours only from 8am – 6pm)
Professor T. G. Nubi
Director, School of Foundation Studies