UNIJOS Registration Procedure: The University of Jos (UNIJOS) Registration procedure of newly admitted students for the 2019/2020 session has been released and published online. See the full procedure below:
UNIJOS Registration Procedure for Newly Admitted Students, 2019/2020
This is to inform all the candidates who have been offered admission into the undergraduate programme of the University of Jos (UNIJOS) for the 2019/2020 session are to follow the procedure below to complete their registration.
The Registration for fresh students commenced on 27th January, 2020. All Fresh students, Central Registration Officers, Faculty Officers, Departmental Officers, e.t.c. are please expected to take note of the following registration procedures:
Step 1: Pre-Registration by students
Note: All candidates who have admission in the University portal into a course other than the course they applied, should visit JAMB CAPS and access transfer approval and accept the new course to enable them process the admission letter.
In addition, candidates admitted in the University portal and are yet to get admission letter should upload their SSCE results in JAMB portal to enable the University propose their admission into JAMB CAPS.
Step 2: Sign-up
- Successful applicants will be required to provide their active email and password to sign-up on the portal and a verification link will be sent to the email address provided.
- Open the email and click on the link sent and the system will redirect applicant to enter their login details (email and password).
- The system moves candidates to their personalized dashboard.
Step 3: Bio-data Registration
In the personalized dashboard, select My Profile and then click Add/Edit Biodata. Fill and complete the bio-data and print five (5) copies and Proceed for Registration clearance.
Step 4: Central Registration Venues:
Registration shall be conducted centrally in the respective Faculty Boardrooms located within the Faculty as follows:
- Faculty of Agriculture -Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Arts -Permanent Site
- Faculty of Education -Permanent Site
- Faculty of Engineering -Permanent Site
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences -Permanent Site
- Faculty of Law -Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Management Sciences -Permanent Site
- College of Health Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Natural Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Social Sciences -Permanent Site
- Faculty of Veterinary Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
Step 5: Senate Affairs and Admissions Division Clearance (Central Registration)
Meet the Central Registration Officers of their respective Faculties at the Registration Centre with the following:
- Original and photocopies of credentials.
- Five (5) copies of completed students’ Biodata forms.
- JAMB Results/Registration Slip.
- JAMB Admission Letter.
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of Age.
- Indigene Certificate or an affidavit from the Federal High Court.
- WAEC/NECO/NABTEB scratch cards for results checking.
- Affidavit to be of good conduct and non-membership of secret cult.
Step 6: Faculty Registration
Meet the Faculty Registration Officer at the respective Faculties at the Registration Centre with the following:
- Clearance from the Central Registration Officer (Senate Affairs and Admissions Division).
- Same documents listed in (e) above.
Step 7: Payment of School charges
On successful clearance from the Central Registration Officer and Faculty Officer, proceed by paying the forty-five thousand naira (N45,000.00) school charges from personalized dashboard as follows:
- Select Fee Management and click on School Charges.
- Then select School Charges and Payment and follow the prompts.
- Print the payment receipt upon successful payment.
Step 8: Generation of Matriculation Number
Upon successful payment of school charges, matriculation number is automatically generated and student is provided with personalized University of Jos email.
Fresh students should visit their dashboard to see and note their matriculation number
Step 9: Online Course Registration
The fresh students proceed for online course registration on their Portal on payment for Identity Card.
Step 10: Verification of payment of School Charges
Candidates present their school charges receipt to the Faculty Finance Officer (FFO) for verification. The FFO stamps and signs the receipt and returns same to the candidate.
Step 11: Departmental Registration
Meet the Departmental Registration Officer/Level Coordinator at the appropriate Department with the following:
- Clearance from the Faculty Registration Officer and the Clearance copy from Central Registration Officer.
- Same documents listed in (e) above.
- Level Coordinator signed Clearance and five (5) copies of the Course Registration Form
Thereafter, students distribute each of the five copies as follows:
- Departmental Registration Officer / Level Coordinators
- Respective Faculty Officers
- Senate Affairs and Admissions Division
- Examinations and Records Division
- Student’s Copy
Step 12: Hostel Accommodation
Limited Hostel accommodation shall be allocated to all students (fresh and returning) who have paid all current (and outstanding school charges) on a first come first served bases upon payment of prescribed hostel accommodation fee. Interested students are to do the following:
- Pay N1,500 for Hostel Application Fee using their Portal.
- Select available Hostel and a Room will automatically be reserved for a period of twenty four (24) hours.
- Pay stipulated Hostel fee within the reserved period or risk revocation.
- Successful payment of Hostel allocation will be formally acknowledged.
- Proceed to Directorate of Students’ Affairs with payment Receipt for documentation.
Step 13: Registration in the Library
Library registration is on-line on the University of Jos website. Print five (5) copies of the library registration form and bring to the library at Bauchi Road Campus for documentation.
Step 14: Registration at the University Health Services Centre
Access to the University’s Health Services Registration Form is on-line. Note that Chest X-Ray and Laboratory results from only recognized government Hospital like the University Health Services, Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Specialist Hospitals are accepted.
Step 15: Students Identification Cards
Identity Cards will be collected prior to commencement of lectures at the Security Office, Permanent Site after the completion of medical examination at the University Health Services Centre.
Pre-registration of fresh students
6th to 25th January, 2020
Fresh students Registration
27th January, to 21st February, 2020
Returning students’ Registration
3rd February – 21st February, 2020
Late Registration (with a fine of N10,000.00) only
22nd February, 2020
Commencement of Lectures for all students
24th February, 2020
Chief Monday M. Danjem