UNIJOS Post UTME Latest Update: UNIJOS Responds to Application for Refund of Post UTME/DE Screening Fees
- UNIJOS Post UTME Latest Update: UNIJOS Responds to Application for Refund of Post UTME/DE Screening Fees
- UNIJOS Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening Form Details
- UNIJOS Admission Screening Details and Guidelines
- How to Apply for UNIJOS Post UTME Screening
- About UNIJOS
It has come to the knowledge of the University Management that some prospective candidates seeking for admission into the University of Jos are submitting applications for the refund of their Post-UTME/DE Screening fees.
Candidates would recall that the University advertisement for the Post-UTME/DE Screening exercise signed by the University Registrar stated emphatically that Post-UTME/DE Screening fees are non-refundable.
Consequently, it has become imperative to once more inform all candidates who participated in the post-UTME/DE Screening exercise that post-UTME/DE fees are non-refundable.
I therefore wish to state in very clear terms that the University Administration will not entertain such requests please.
Mr Monday M. Danjem
Also See: UNIJOS Admission List
UNIJOS Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening Form Details
University of Jos, UNIJOS post UTME and Direct Entry screening exercise application form for the 2018/2019 academic session has been released. UNIJOS post UTME form is available for purchase online.
This is to announce to candidates who made the University of Jos (UNIJOS) their institution of first choice and scored 180 and above in the 2018 UTME that the University screening portal will be opened from Monday, 13th August to 7th September, 2018, 2018 for the UTME and Saturday, 18th August to 7th September, 2018 for the Direct Entry online screenings.
The deadline for the online screening of bio-data/credentials may not be extended. Therefore, any candidate whose screening details are not submitted within the stipulated time will not be considered for admission.
Candidates Eligible for UNIJOS Admission Screening Exercise
All candidates who made the University of Jos their 1st choice and scored 180 marks and above in the 2018 UTME JAMB examination.
UNIJOS Admission Screening Details and Guidelines
- Any candidate who fails to complete the online screening will automatically forfeit the chance of being considered for admission.
- Withholding information or provision of wrong information will lead to instant disqualification. Offenders shall be handed over to the law enforcement agents for prosecution in addition to being disqualified.
- Candidates are required to upload their current passport photographs.
- Candidates’ results will be screened according to the entry requirements of the respective programmes that they have chosen.
The results of Pre-Admission screening will be available on the University of Jos Portal: https://mis.unijos.edu.ng/
How to Apply for UNIJOS Post UTME Screening
Each candidate shall pay a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (₦2,000.00), only (excluding Bank charges) for the screening.
Payment shall be made through Remita collection platform at any Commercial Bank operating in Nigeria as follows:
1. Bank Branch:
- Go to Bank Branch operating in Nigeria
- Present your payment to the Teller (over-the-counter) and say you want to pay University of Jos Pre-Admission Screening Fee via the Remita platform.
2. Remita Collection Platform:
- Access the collection platform via www.remita.net
- Click “Pay Federal Government Agency”
- Enter “UniJos Pre-Admission Screening” as payment details
- Enter the required details including your JAMB Number and Full Name
- Select any preferred electronic payment channels (ATM cards, Internet Banking, Mobile Wallet, POS, e.t.c.) to complete your payment.
- The payer will be issued an electronic receipt following payment, which he/she will keep for further processing.
Candidates are strongly advised against patronizing road side Business Centres for making payment. ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE VERIFIED BEFORE ADMISSION PROCESSING.
After Payment, then: Go to University of Jos Portal https://mis.unijos.edu.ng/ for registration procedure as follows:
- Create an Account using your email address and phone number. A verification e-mail is automatically sent to your email.
- Log into your e-mail and click on the confirmation link to enable you continue your registration.
- Complete your registration by providing your Bio-data information, including ‘O’ Level details, payment details (RRR and Date); upload your passport photograph and other information as required.
- Click the ‘submit’ button to save your details on the University Portal.
- Print Pre-Admission Screening slip and keep it for further processing.
Misrepresentation/falsification of documents is a serious offence. Candidates are, therefore, advised to submit genuine documents only. Anyone found guilty of this offence will be disqualified automatically and in appropriate cases, handed over to the Law Enforcement Agencies.
Candidates are strongly advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines stipulated above and the published requirements for admission into the programme applied for.
The University of Jos (UNIJOS), abbreviated as Unijos, is a federal university in Jos, Plateau State, central Nigeria. The school offers courses in law, medicine, pharmacy, natural sciences, social sciences, the built environment as well as arts and humanities.
What became University of Jos was established in November 1971 as a satellite campus of the University of Ibadan. The first students were admitted in January 1972 as pre-degree students with the first Bachelor of Arts degree program begun in October 1973. In October 1975, then military government under General Murtala Mohammed, established the Unijos as a separate institution.
The first Vice-Chancellor of the Unijos was Professor Gilbert Onuaguluchi. Classes began at the newly reorganized University of Jos in October 1976 with 575 students spread over the existing four faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Education, Natural Sciences and Medical Sciences. Post-graduate programs were added in 1977. By 1978 Faculties of Law and Environmental Sciences were established and the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences were separated.
In 2003, the Carnegie Corporation of New York gave Unijos a US $2 million grant to form its own fundraising department.