The attention of the management of the University of Calabar has been drawn to the criminal activities of one Uchenna Jerry whose photo and profile is published above. Our investigations have revealed that Uchenna Jerry, a staff of Airtel Network Communication, Warri, is running an admission racket which claims to offer admission to unsuspecting prospective candidates seeking admission to the University of Calabar at the cost of N70, 000.00.
For the avoidance of doubt, the University of Calabar does not charge any sum for admission to any of its programmes other than the N2, 500.00 recently approved by the federal government for post UTME screening.
Candidates who have applied to the University of Calabar are hereby strongly advised in their own interest not to patronize this or any other admission racketeer. The University of Calabar management cannot and will not be held liable for any situation where prospective candidates are defrauded by admission racketeers.
About University of Calabar (UNICAL)
Vision of the University
Attainment and maintenance of the highest form of excellence in teaching, research and service, thereby becoming a leading light in Nigeria, the Continent and the world of excellence linking up with the latest scholarly developments, academic achievement, and technological breakthrough.
Mission of the University
An achievable mission for the University of Calabar, given its environment and circumstances, is clearly the provision of:
- a conducive learning environment;
- high quality learning that is accessible and affordable;
- an attractive reward system for excellence in teaching, research, service to the community in the areas of Agriculture, Science, Medicine, Law, Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities
- creativity and innovativeness;
- the spirit of co-operation and team work while recognizing individual talent and achievement.
Philosophy of the University
The philosophy of the University of Calabar is to:
- create a citizenry imbued with a high sense of duty and responsibility to the Nigerian Nation with character development receiving as much attention as academics.
- establish a conducive campus atmosphere for the cultivation of healthy social interactions among groups from all parts of Nigeria and elsewhere.
- make conscious use of local materials for instructional purposes in an effort to make her programme relevant to the needs of Nigeria.