Latest Update: UNICAL Registration and Screening Dates Extended
- Latest Update: UNICAL Registration and Screening Dates Extended
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) Post UTME screening for the 2019/2020 session has been announced – See registration details below.
- Eligibility Criteria for UNICAL Post UTME
- How To Apply for UNICAL Post-UTME Screening
- About UNICAL
University of Calabar, UNICAL post UTME and Direct Entry screening registration has now been extended till the 31st of July, 2019.
Aptitude test will now commence on the 5th of August, 2019 for only UTME candidates. All registered candidates are advised to check for their test date and venues on (www.myunucal.edu.ng) by the 1st of August 2019.
University of Calabar (UNICAL) Post UTME screening for the 2019/2020 session has been announced – See registration details below.
Also See: UNICAL Admission List
This is to inform all UTME candidates who applied for admission to University of Calabar that UNICAL Post-UTME registration, cut-off mark, eligibility, screening dates, application cost and the deadline for 2019/2020 academic session have been announced. Cut-off mark is 160. The application cost is ₦2000. The application deadline is 31st of July, 2019. Post-UTME screening holds 5th of August, 2019.
Recommended: How to Check UNICAL Post UTME Result
Eligibility Criteria for UNICAL Post UTME
This screening exercise is for all candidates who scored 160 and above in the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Examination and who have chosen University of Calabar as their First Choice in their application for admission into the University for the 2019/2020 academic session.
How To Apply for UNICAL Post-UTME Screening
The following options are available:
- E-transact option:
This option is available in all commercial banks nationwide. At the bank your are required to pay and obtain an E-transact PIN. With the PIN log into the portal http://www.myunical.edu.ngand click on the UTME Admission Screening link then follow the instructions on the portal after login.
- Scratch Card Option:
This option is available in the following banks within Calabar Metropolis ONLY:
Unical Microfinance Bank
b. WEMA Bank
c. First city Monument Bank
d. Heritage Bank
On obtaining the scratch card proceed as follows:
- LOG ON TO http://www.myunical.edu.ng and click on the UTME Admission Screening link
- On the home page, enter your correct JAMB Registration Number in the box provided
- Enter the scratch card pin in the box provided
- Click on login and follow the online instructions.
- Confirm your entries and CLICK ON SUBMIT
- Print out the completed form.
THE FOLLOWING CHARGES SHALL APPLY:
Aptitude Test = ₦2,000.
OPENING OF PORTAL/REGISTRATION
Registration will start from Monday, June 17, 2019, when the portal will be open. Please note that the portal will however be shut down at 12.00 mid night on
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 31st of July, 2019.
- (i) Candidates are required to come with their original UTME result slip showing the Candidate’s photograph
- (ii) The Post UTME exercise is Computer Based Test (CBT)
- (iii) Special candidate with any form of disability should please indicate during registration.
IT MUST BE FURTHER NOTED THAT:
- a. Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught will be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agents and may be liable to up to 5 years imprisonment
- b. Any candidate who fails to take part in the screening exercise automatically loses his or her chance of being considered for admission.
- c. Early commencement of registration is advised to avoid congestion in the dying hours.
- d. Candidates are advised to check the Portal from Thursday, July 04, 2019 for their venue and time of the CBT. Candidates are strictly advised to ensure that their correct phone numbers are provided while filling the form online as the University will communicate with them directly.
Zellence Unical Office
Database Office, Philosophy Department
University of Calabar
Moses O. Abang,mnim, fcai
The First Choice aptitude test exercise has been scheduled to take place from
July 29th, 2019 5th of August, 2019.
Also See: UNICAL Post-UTME Screening Schedule
The University of Calabar, fondly called ‘UNICAL’ by students and staffs was established in 1975 by the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. It was Initially a Calabar campus of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, but ceased to be a campus after its pronouncement as a Federal University. UNICAL is one of Nigeria’s second generation federal universities and currently has a Graduate school, ten Faculties, and three Institutes.
Academic programmes of the University are aimed at laying a sound and a broad undergraduate foundation upon which further intellectual and professional pursuits can be based at the Graduate school level. Hence, the University offers accredited programmes or courses leading to officially recognized degrees such as bachelors, masters and postgraduate degrees in several disciplines.
Built to fulfill its motto ‘Knowledge for Service’, placing a great premium on learning and character; UNICAL is currently ranked as the 48th best University in Nigeria.
The University of Calabar is situated in the southern part of the country, a region known for its rich cultural heritage and beauty. The University hosts quite a number of events yearly and has been one sure spot for tourists craving to have a feel of the region.
University of Calabar Admission Requirements For Undergraduates
Pre-degree/ 100 level students:
As a prospective candidate, you must have credit passes in at least five (5) SSCE/NECO/ O’level subjects including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects at no more than two sittings.
You are also required to register, sit for and attain the prescribed JAMB cut-off mark for your preferred course. Then you can be eligible to write the entrance examination (Post-UTME).
200 level (Direct entry-level students):
In addition to having the above requirements, you may also be required to;
Have a National Diploma, which should come from a recognized institution in Nigeria. Applicants may also be required to have a Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) in a subject(s) related to the proposed field of study with a minimum of one unit and two (2) passes.