University of Calabar (UNICAL) Post UTME screening for the 2022/2023 session has been announced – See registration details below.
Also See: UNICAL Admission List
Applications are invited from all candidates who scored 140 and above in the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Examination and who have chosen University of Calabar as their First Choice in their application for admission into the University for the 2022/2023 academic session. The First Choice aptitude test exercise has been scheduled to take place from Monday, October 24th to Saturday October 29th, 2022.
Recommended: How to Check UNICAL Post UTME Result
Eligibility Criteria for UNICAL Post UTME
This screening exercise is for all candidates who scored 140 and above in the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Examination and who have chosen University of Calabar as their First Choice in their application for admission into the University for the 2022/2023 academic session.
How To Apply for UNICAL Post-UTME Screening
Registration will start from Thursday August 18th, 2022 when the portal will open for that purpose. Please note that the portal will however be shut down at 12.00 mid night on Sunday October 16th, 2022.
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
The following options are available:
- E-transact option:
This option is available in all commercial banks nationwide. At the bank your are required to pay and obtain an E-transact PIN. With the PIN log into the portal https://www.myunical.edu.ng and click on the UTME Admission Screening link then follow the instructions on the portal after login.
- E-transact option:
- Buy Post-UTME Pin Online option:
This option gives access to purchase Post-UTME pin from the portal. Click Buy Post-UTME Pin Online to purchase the Post-UTME pin online. Login with the TRANSACTION ID as the PIN into the portal.
- Buy Post-UTME Pin Online option:
- Scratch Card Option:
This option is available in the following banks within Calabar Metropolis ONLY:
a. Unical Microfinance Bank
b. WEMA Bank
c. First city Monument Bank
d. Heritage Bank
On obtaining the scratch card proceed as follows:
- LOG ON TO http://www.myunical.edu.ng and click on the UTME Admission Screening link
- On the home page, enter your correct JAMB Registration Number in the box provided
- Enter the scratch card pin in the box provided
- Click on login and follow the online instructions.
- Confirm your entries and CLICK ON SUBMIT
- Print out the completed form.
THE FOLLOWING CHARGES SHALL APPLY:
- Aptitude Test = ₦2,000.
- Candidates are required to come with their original UTME result slips showing candidate’s photograph;
- The Post UTME exercise is Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Special candidate with any form of disability should please indicate during registration.
Also See: UNICAL Post-UTME Screening Schedule
IT MUST BE FURTHER NOTED THAT:
- Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught will be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agents and may be liable to up to 5 years imprisonment
- Any candidate who fails to take part in the screening exercise automatically loses his or her chance of being considered for admission.
- Early commencement of registration is advised to avoid congestion in the dying hours.
- Candidates are advised to check the Portal from Wednesday, October 19th, 2022 for their venue and time of the CBT. Candidates are strictly advised to ensure that their correct phone numbers are provided while filling the form online as the University will communicate with them directly.
Zellence Unical Office
Database Office, Philosophy Department
University of Calabar
Gabriel O. Egbe, fcai
The University of Calabar, fondly called ‘UNICAL’ by students and staffs was established in 1975 by the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. It was Initially a Calabar campus of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, but ceased to be a campus after its pronouncement as a Federal University. UNICAL is one of Nigeria’s second generation federal universities and currently has a Graduate school, ten Faculties, and three Institutes.
Academic programmes of the University are aimed at laying a sound and a broad undergraduate foundation upon which further intellectual and professional pursuits can be based at the Graduate school level. Hence, the University offers accredited programmes or courses leading to officially recognized degrees such as bachelors, masters and postgraduate degrees in several disciplines.
Built to fulfill its motto ‘Knowledge for Service’, placing a great premium on learning and character; UNICAL is currently ranked as the 48th best University in Nigeria.
The University of Calabar is situated in the southern part of the country, a region known for its rich cultural heritage and beauty. The University hosts quite a number of events yearly and has been one sure spot for tourists craving to have a feel of the region.
University of Calabar Admission Requirements For Undergraduates
Pre-degree/ 100 level students:
As a prospective candidate, you must have credit passes in at least five (5) SSCE/NECO/ O’level subjects including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects at no more than two sittings.
You are also required to register, sit for and attain the prescribed JAMB cut-off mark for your preferred course. Then you can be eligible to write the entrance examination (Post-UTME).
200 level (Direct entry-level students):
In addition to having the above requirements, you may also be required to;
Have a National Diploma, which should come from a recognized institution in Nigeria. Applicants may also be required to have a Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) in a subject(s) related to the proposed field of study with a minimum of one unit and two (2) passes.