Latest: UNICAL Directs Students to Vacate Hostels
Authorities of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) has ordered students of the institution out of their hostels with immediate effect due to the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
This was contained in a statement released on Tuesday, March 29, by the Registrar, Gabriel Egbe saying due to the industrial action embarked upon by ASUU, the school can no longer provide essential services in the hostels hence the vacation order.
The statement added that the acting Chief Security Officer of the institution has been advised to lock up all the hostels and security men will be deployed to man all the halls of residence.
The management, however, urged students to take advantage of the strike period to engage in activities that would add value to their lives.
Earlier: UNICAL Hostel Accommodation Exercise for 2018/2019 Academic Session
UNICAL Hostel Accommodation: This is to announce to all students of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) who are interested in Hostel Accommodation for 2018/2019 Academic Session, to kindly follow the steps below:
UNICAL Hostel Accommodation Exercise Steps
- Ensure you have paid your fees for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
- Log on to www.unicalhostels.com and click on “Hostel Application”. You will be requested to enter your school fees receipt number or the e-transact number, then click on “verify”.
- Upon successful verification of your fee payment, the online form would display for you to complete the form and submit.
- The list of those whose application have been considered for hostel accommodation will be published concurrently. If your name is on the published list, kindly proceed to micro finance bank to purchase scratch card at N16,500.00
- Having paid for your accommodation space successfully, get two file jackets and write your NAME, MATRIC NUMBER, PHONE NUMBER & DEPARTMENT on each file. Also attach passport photograph on each file, with a photocopy of your fees receipt and evidence of Hostel fee payment.
- Submit your file at the office of the Dean of Students at the Student Affairs Division.
Printing Procedure for UNICAL Hostel Allocation Slip
- Visit www.unicalhostels.com
- Click on “Hostel Application” button and fill out the application form.
- Click on “Confirm application” button to complete your application process.
- Your “Application number” will be displayed to you in the top bar. Be sure to copy it and keep it as you will need it to continue.
- Once application is successful, log by entering your “MATRIC NUMBER” and “APPLICATION NUMBER” (Provided in the previous step)
- Once logged in successfully, enter your scratch card “PIN” and click on “Pay for hostel”.
- If your payment was successful, you will be presented with your hostel space allocation for printing.
- Click on “Print Slip” to print your allocation slip.
- Click on “Sign out” to leave the portal.
Please note that the portal opens from 13 February, 2019 and closes 25th February, 2019. Only those who applied on-line would be considered for hostel space.