- UNICAL Post UTME Latest Update
- About UNICAL
- UNICAL 2015/2016 Post Utme Form Information
- UNICAL 2015/2016 Post UTME Application Procedures, Venues and Dates
UNICAL Post UTME Latest Update
UNICAL 2015/2016 Post UTME form is now available and the details of the press release are specified in this article.
>> JAMB Official 2015/2016 Admission Cut-Off Mark
>> 2015/2016 JAMB/Post-UTME Cut-off Marks for Admission (All Institutions)
Vision of the University
Attainment and maintenance of the highest form of excellence in teaching, research and service, thereby becoming a leading light in Nigeria, the Continent and the world of excellence linking up with the latest scholarly developments, academic achievement, and technological breakthrough.
Mission of the University
An achievable mission for the University of Calabar, given its environment and circumstances, is clearly the provision of:
- a conducive learning environment;
- high quality learning that is accessible and affordable;
- an attractive reward system for excellence in teaching, research, service to the community in the areas of Agriculture, Science, Medicine, Law, Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities
- creativity and innovativeness;
- the spirit of co-operation and team work while recognizing individual talent and achievement.
Philosophy of the University
The philosophy of the University of Calabar is to:
- create a citizenry imbued with a high sense of duty and responsibility to the Nigerian Nation with character development receiving as much attention as academics.
- establish a conducive campus atmosphere for the cultivation of healthy social interactions among groups from all parts of Nigeria and elsewhere.
- make conscious use of local materials for instructional purposes in an effort to make her programme relevant to the needs of Nigeria.
Aims and Objectives
In line with the overall philosophy of Nigerian Education, the University of Calabar, a second generation university, aims at providing specialised manpower needed for nation building, promotion of economic and social well-being of the nation, self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
Specifically, the objectives of the University as stated in University of Calabar Decree No.80 28th September, 1979 are to:
- encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a higher and liberal education.
- provide courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches, and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them.
- develop new science and technology related areas such as Forestry, Engineering and Marine Science as well as Dentistry.
- encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all fields of learning and human endeavour.
- relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria.
- encourage and promote greater access of women to all Faculties in the University.
- mount and promote extension and consultancy services to embrace the immediate and farther communities around the University.
- revamp and develop post graduate work that would broaden the areas in which such graduate students can be of better service to the Nation.
- achieve and maintain staffing quotas in order to meet NUC Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) requirements and staff/student ratio guidelines.
- undertake cost-recovery and cost-saving measures as a means of reducing direct cost of Government spending on the University and increase internally generated revenue percentage.
- promote income-generating and fund-raising activities including endowment to supplement government funding.
- redirect efforts in Internal administration of the University to encourage deserving staff at all levels to benefit from morale boosting incentives such as Staff Development Schemes, Conference and Workshop participation, Sabbatical and other leaves.
- develop and improve campus facilities for sports, entertainment and other extra-curricular activities.
- enhance the general outlook of the campus by re-planning trading posts (kiosks) to achieve a cleaner environment, controlled traffic and classroom facilities.
- immediately decongest the Duke Town Campus.
- put in place an efficient, reliable Security System which, among other things, shall monitor and control the movement of hawkers, traffic, activities around public halls, lecture rooms and Administrative buildings and offices.
- undertake any other activities appropriate for a university of the highest standard.
UNICAL 2015/2016 Post Utme Form Information
University of Calabar (UNICAL) 2015/2016 Post UTME screening form for all admission-seeking candidates is now available as has been announced by the institution. All concerned aspirants and interested members of the public that wish to study in the institution are hereby notified and advised to procure their forms as soon as possible.
According the school’s management and authorities, the process of registering candidates for 2015/2016 Post UTME Screening Exercise registration has commenced in the University of Calabar (UNICAL). The details of the registration, cut off mark have been released likewise.
Recommended – UNICAL 2015/2016 Post UTME Qualified Candidates
UNICAL 2015/2016 Post UTME Application Procedures, Venues and Dates
The University of Calabar (UNICAL) authorities wishes to inform candidates who made the institution their First Choice in 2015/2016 UTME that they can now apply for admission screening exercise.
Candidates whose UTME score is not less than indicated below for the respective programmes are eligible to apply. The Time Table is as follows;
DAY ONE: Monday, 10th August, 2015 – Time: 8.00am to 12.00noon
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
1. AGRIC. ECONS & ECONS & EXT – 180
2. ANIMAL SCIENCE – 180
3. SOIL SCIENCE – 183
4. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE RES. MGT. – 181
5. FOOD SC. TECHNOLOGY – 180
6. CROP SCIENCE – 180
FACULTY OF ALLIED MEDICAL SCIENCES
1. MEDICAL LAB. SCIENCE – 184
2. NURSING SCIENCE – 212
3. RADIOGRAPHY – 210
4. PUBLIC HEALTH – 191
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
1. ANATOMY – 180
2. BIOCHEMISTRY – 192
3. PHYSIOLOGY – 180
4. NUTRITION & DIETETICS – 180
DAY TWO: Tuesday, 11th August, 2015 – Time: 8.00am to 12noon
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
1. ADULT & CONT. EDU – 181
2. EDU. FOUND. GUID. & COUNS – 180
3. EDU. ADMIN & PLANNING – 183
4. PHYSICAL & HEALTH EDU – 181
5. BUSINESS EDU – 185
6. AGRIC. EDU – 180
7. SPECIAL EDU – 180
8. EDU. TECH. – 186
9. ENGLISH EDU – 207
10. EDU. FRENCH – 192
11. EDU BIOLOGY – 181
12. ELEM. EDU – 190
13. ENVIRONMENTAL EDU – 184
14. EDU. PHYSICS – 181
15. EDU. ECONS – 183
16. EDU. MATHS – 186
17. EDU. CHEMISTRY – 180
18. EDU. SOC. STUD – 180
19. EDU. HISTORY –
20. LIB. & INFORMATION SC. – 180
21. EDU. REL. STUD – 188
22. EDU GEOGRAPHY – 181
23. EDU. ARTS – 185
24. HUMAN KINETICS (PHYSICAL & HEALTH EDUCATION) – 181
DAY THREE: Wednesday, 12th August, 2015 – Time: 8.00am to 12noon
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
1. ACCOUNTING – 216
2. BANKING/FINANCE – 180
3. BUSINESS MGT – 209
4. MARKETING – 180
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. ECONOMICS – 216
2. POL. SCIENCE – 214
3. PUBLIC ADMIN – 213
4. SOCIOLOGY – 206
5. SOCIAL WORK – 180
DAY FOUR: Thursday, 13th August, 2015
FACULTY OF ARTS
1. ENGLISH – 221
2. HISTORY – 205
3. MODERN LANG. (FRENCH) – 181
4. LINGUISTICS – 203
5. PHILOSOPHY – 181
6. RELIGIOUS & CULTURAL STUD – 183
7. THEATRE & MEDIA STUD – 183
8. CHRISTIAN REL. STUD – 183
FACULTY OF LAW
1. LAW – 239
DAY FIVE: Friday, 14th August, 2015
FACULTY OF MEDICINE & DENTISTRY
1. MEDICINE 233
2. DENTISTRY – 180
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
1. BOTANY – 181
2. PURE & APPLIED CHEMISTRY – 180
3. COMPUTER SCIENCE – 197
4. MATHEMATICS/STATISTICS – 180
5. STATISTICS – 180
6. PHYSICS – 180
7. ELECTRONIC & COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY – 180
8. APPLIED GEOPHYSICS – 180
9. GENETICS AND BIOTECHNOLOGY – 180
10. GEOLOGY – 190
11. ZOOLOGY AND ENV. BIOLOGY – 180
12. FISHERIES & AQUACULTURE – 183
Obtain Post-UTME e-scratch card or paper or paper card based on the options below. You will be required to pay N6,500.00 which covers the screening fee, practice question papers, CBT/portal and bank charges.
Walk into any branch of Enterprise Bank Ltd. nationwide.
1. Pay for University of Calabar Post-UTME PIN and the bank will post the payment to activate your pin.
2. Login with the generated PIN for the post-UTME on with the generated PIN for the Post-UTME.
Second Method: The Paper Scratch Card Option
Post-UTME Scratch cards are available for those who reside in Calabar or have difficulties in obtaining the e-scratch card receipt.
1. The Examination is Computer Based Test (CBT).
2. For applicants within Calabar, the following banks may be used:
UNICAL Microfinance Bank, WEMA Bank Plc, Enterprise Bank Ltd, First City Monument Bank Plc.
3. For applicants outside Calabar, the following procedure applies:
On obtaining the scratch card, proceed to any internet facility. Log on to
On the home page, you will be required to enter your JAMB Registration no. in the box provided. Be sure to put your correct JAMB No. and scratch card pin to enable you gain access. Upload your passport and signature, click on: “submit” and follow the on-line instructions.
1. Confirm your entries before clicking on submit. After clicking on submit, print the form as evidence of your registration and bring it along to the screening venue.
2. Download the version of Practice Questions related to your Programme of study after filling the online application form.
Registration will shut down at 12.00 midnight on Monday 3rd August, 2015.
Candidates are required to come with their 2015/2016 original examination UTME result slip showing candidate’s photograph.
(a) Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught impersonating will be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agents.
(b) Any Candidate who fails to take part in the screening exercise automatically loses his or her chance of being considered for admission.
(c) GSM handsets, calculators, or any other extraneous materials MUST NOT be brought into the screening hall. Such materials if confiscated will not be returned.
(d) Parents/Guardians should please stay away from the University campus on the screening days. They should stop by the gate.
Early commencement of registration is advised to avoid web congestion in the dying hours.