University of Benin (UNIBEN) postgraduate admission form for the 2018/2019 session is on sale – See how to apply below
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D for the 2018/2019 Academic Session. The postgraduate programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of Benin. Candidates are to visit the website to apply from 8th June 2018.
1) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
2) FACULTY OF ARTS
3) FACULTY OF EDUCATION
4) FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
5) INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
6) INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION & EXTENSION SERVICES
7) FACULTY OF LAW
8) FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES
9) FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
10) COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
11) FACULTY OF PHARMACY
13) FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
14) SCHOOL OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
15) FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
16) CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN GEOSCIENCES & PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
17) UNIVERSITY F BENIN/ AFRICAN ECONOMIC RESEARCH CONSORTIUM CORROBORATIVE PH.D PROGRAMME IN ECONOMICS
18) CENTRE FOR GENDER STUDIES
UNIBEN POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
I. A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
II. Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent..
III. A holder of a Pass (Degree / Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
IV. Candidates who obtained Master‟s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
V. A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master‟s degree.
VI. A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master‟s degree from any other University who in his/her Master‟s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% .
VII. Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Transcripts: Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Referees Reports: Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to email@example.com. or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: students are advised to always check this website for those courses that require written entrance examination. Please indicate your e-mail address / telephone when applying.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates are to purchase application forms online with valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the sum of N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira only).
- The Application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the UNIBEN portal at myuniben.org.
- Candidates are expected to download Referee and Transcript Request Forms from the website and ensure that these forms are clearly filled with all information required, and send to Postgraduate School.
- Any Application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
- All application processes must be completed on or before 31st August, 2018.
Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees itemised below.
Bank/Portal Charges: ₦5,000.00
Admission clearance: ₦23,000.00
ICT Levy: ₦6,000.00
Development levy: ₦15,000.00
MTN Net Library: ₦1,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
The University of Benin was founded in 1970. It started as an Institute of Technology and was accorded the status of a full-fledged University by National Universities Commission (NUC) on 1st July, 1971. In his Budget Speech in April 1972, the then Military Governor of Mid-Western State, Col. S. O. Ogbemudia (then also Visitor to the University) formally announced the change of the name of the Institute of Technology to the University of Benin. On 1st April, 1975 the University at the request of the State Government, was taken over by the Federal Government and became a Federal University.