UNIBEN Post UTME Form Information for 2021/2022
LATEST UPDATE: Management of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) has extended the deadline for the application of the post-UTME/DE registration for the 2021/2022 academic session.
According to the management, the new deadline for Application is 1st December, 2021.
Applicants are to check for their specific Screening date and time on 29th November, 2021.
UNIBEN Post-UTME registration, screening date, cut-off mark, application cost, deadline and other relevant details have been announced. The cut-off mark is 200. The screening holds between 6th to 13th of December, 2021. Registration deadline is 1st December, 2021.
University of Benin (UNIBEN) 2021/2022 Post UTME screening form for all admission-seeking candidates is now available as has been announced by the institution. All concerned aspirants and interested members of the public that wish to study in the institution are hereby notified and advised to procure their forms as soon as possible.
According to the school’s management and authorities, the process of registering candidates for 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise registration has commenced in the University of Benin (UNIBEN) . The details of the registration, cut off mark have been released likewise.
UNIBEN Post-UTME Screening Date and Details
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post UTME (PUTME) and Post DIRECT ENTRY (PUDE) Admission Screening Exercise for 2021/2022 Academic Session is scheduled to hold between Monday 6th December 2021 and Monday 13th December 2021 in designated centres within the Ugbowo Campus of the University
The Screening Exercise shall be conducted using the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
Candidates are expected to fulfill the following criteria:
- Only candidates who applied through JAMB for the 2021/2022 UTME and DIRECT ENTRY Admission and chose University of Benin as First Choice and scored 200 and above (for UTME Candidates) are eligible for this Screening Exercise.
- Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before commencing the application process.
How to Apply UNIBEN Post-UTME Screening Form
All applications should be made between 8.00 am Friday 15th October 2021 and 1st December, 2021.
The procedure for the 2021/2022 Admission Screening (Post UTME and Post Direct Entry) Application is as follows:
- Visit www.uniben.edu
- Click on WAEUP Student Portal
- Click on Register for Application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Enter your Surname exactly as written on the JAMB Registration Slip, and your JAMB Registration number. Immediately, your ID and Password will be displayed on the browser
- On the WAEUP KOFA Student Portal, click on ‘login’ (top right of front page).
- Enter your Username and Password to login.
- To start the application process, please click on the ‘Application Record‘, and provide all required information.
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add Online Payment Ticket” at the bottom of the page. Thereafter, click on “Pay via Remita” on the top left corner of the page. Follow the instructions to pay for the application Gross fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2, 000.00) only, using a valid ATM-Enabled Card from any Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online (No correction will be accepted after the closing date).
- Go back online on the appointed date to print out the acknowledgement slip that contains your specific screening schedule.
Grouping of the Courses for the Screening Exercise:
|S/N||GROUP||COURSE CATEGORIES / FACULTY|
|1||PHYSICAL SCIENCES||Engineering Environmental Sciences Physical Sciences Education – Physical Sciences Technical Education Statistics (Pure Science option)|
|2||LIFE SCIENCES||Medicine Dentistry Basic Medical Sciences Pharmacy Life Sciences Education – Life Sciences Agricultural Sciences Home Economics Veterinary Medicine|
|3||SOCIAL SCIENCES||Social Sciences Education – Social Sciences Early Childhood Education Library and Information Science Guidance and Counseling Special Education Adult Education|
|4||MANAGEMENT SCIENCES||Management Sciences Mathematics & Economics Estate Management Statistics Economics|
|5||ARTS||Law Arts Education – Arts|
- CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO GO BACK ONLINE AS FROM MONDAY 29TH NOVEMBER, 2021 TO CHECK FOR THEIR SPECIFIC DAY, VENUE AND TIME FOR THE SCREENING. ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO BE SEATED, LATEST ONE HOUR BEFORE THE STIPULATED TIME FOR THEIR SCREENING EXERCISE. MOBILE PHONES AND CALCULATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Candidates are to come to the Screening Centre with the following:
- NCDC prescribed Surgical Face Masks and Small-Sized Hand Sanitizers
- Acknowledgement slip
- Screening Invitation Slip that contains the screening schedule
Application Closing Date:
Application website closes by Midnight of 1st December, 2021. (i.e. all applications must be concluded online not later than 1st December, 2021. Candidates, who pay after the deadline of Midnight 1st December, 2021. will not be screened.
A. A. Bobola
The University of Benin was founded in 1970. It started as an Institute of Technology and was accorded the status of a full-fledged University by National Universities Commission (NUC) on 1st July, 1971. In his Budget Speech in April 1972, the then Military Governor of Mid-Western State, Col. S. O. Ogbemudia (then also Visitor to the University) formally announced the change of the name of the Institute of Technology to the University of Benin. On 1st April, 1975 the University at the request of the State Government, was taken over by the Federal Government and became a Federal University.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management sciences
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Sch. of Basic Med. Science
- Faculty of Sch. of Dentistry
- Faculty of Sch. of Medicine
- Faculty of Social Sciences
In January 2006, the Federal Government approved the take off of the College of Petroleum and Gas Engineering of the University of Benin at Effurun, near Warri, in Delta State, with the initial population of 100 students in two departments; Petroleum Engineering and Gas Engineering.
The University offers courses at various levels: Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate. Presently, the total student enrollment stands at over 40,000 made up of both full-time and part-time students shared among the various Faculties. In 1985, Grace Alele-Williams became Nigeria’s first female vice-chancellor when she was appointed to head the University of Benin. She served as its vice-chancellor until 1991.
The University is also famous for ground breaking research work with other universities around the world and with both local and international bodies such as USAID, Ford Foundation, UNCF (United Negro College Fund), RMRDC (Raw Materials Research & Development Council of Nigeria) amongst others in the areas of Agriculture, Public Health and Engineering to name a few.